Problem installing mod

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Gator54, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Gator54

Gator54 Registered

when i put the RFMOD file into the packages folder and open the mod manager it tells me right above the mod ***Unable to install this mod*** please help

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

THE RFMOD.

Thats a bit vague, since there are many mods around :) Which mod do you want to install?

Some mod have dependencies to other content. You need to install all content first, then the mod will be installable. Check the ADVANCED INFO on the Mod Properties to see which content you need to install first. Don't look at the comments behind the mod name, as when 1 component is not installed, it says Not Installed for ALL components in the list. Manually check it with the mod manager.

3. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

I've had the same issue and dont think I saw anything saying certain mods rely on others. It wouldn't be so bad but I cannot get a faster d/l from here than around 40k/s and I'm on a 20meg line so it will take many hours to get other content..not particularly pleasing after paying out for the beta/game and cannot use it :mad:

4. The*Stig

The*Stig Registered

There are dependencies among the ISI standard mods.
    e.g. if you want to install the GT World Endurance mod, you need to install the Meganes or the Formula Renault first.

As Marco wrote the dependencies can be seen in the ModManager.
    Some Mods even require special Addon Tracks to be installed. So take care when installing mods.

Would be nice if ISI could fix this issue.

5. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Thank YOu "the stig". ive been thinkin for an hour what am i doing wrong.....im downloading meganes now. Even though I have no want to use it. Just wanna drive the 370z. Update later see if it works