Have you noticed where the REAL racing is???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan Birtwell, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

g7, just signed up and waiting for approval. Just curious, you mention the league starting soon, any ideas on when you're looking to begin? Looking forward to it.

2. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Alright, just applied for the forum...

3. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

I would like to participate in your league.
    At what time of day do you plan to start the races?

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Theres talk about 20.00 GMT

5. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

thx for your answer, 20:00 GMT would be great for me.

6. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Welcome Nizmo, there is a few things to attend to first but as soon as they are sorted you will be all be informed, I assure you. Thank you all for your enthusiasm, it is this attitude that will ensure a complete success.

7. g7usl

g7usl Registered

8. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy all,

Well, last night I entered my server (F3s @ ??? = Fun) and was happy to see 12 people logged on.

However, during the races at PBI and then at Putnum, there were a couple instances that left me a little disturbed.

I would love to keep the server open to the public. To do this I have to insist that folks don't abuse other drivers, either by their attitudes while on the track ie; I'm faster than you so, I can just pass you where ever I like. Or, I'm going to drive around and plow down all the braking markers.

All I ask is that you treat others, and the tracks themselves, with respect. If you're the fastest driver on the track... It doesn't mean you own it. If you want to play bumper cars, find a megane server. If you want to plow down braking markers, single Player mode works well for that.

If you find that server has been locked, you'll have to sign up at <http://racing.lefora.com/>. After signup you will be able to enter the F3=fun pages where I will post the password.

On a final note there was one person last night that left my server due to feeling he was being treated like a child... Sorry, most of my ranting wasn't directed at you (you know who you are). I have known you to be a clean racer, that shows respect and are one of the drivers that has made this server a success.

Thanks for the read,

Bryan Birtwell

9. Bryan Birtwell

Oh yeah, before I forget, there will be times that the server is locked. I'm allowing Ferrari Dave to run an F3 series on it. Races will be Saturdays 20:00GMT. The server will be locked for those race sessions and practice sessions the day before the event.

To find out more on this series... either scroll up to Ferrari Dave's posts on the subject or sign up at <http://racing.lefora.com/> .

Thanks and cya's on the track!

10. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Completely agree bryan +1

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The OP mentions real racing then mentions 5 lap races. Thats not real racing. Real racing is a 45 min to an hour minimum or 25 min if you're talking touring cars. A 5 lap race isnt a race IMHO.

I'm looking forward to leagues in rf2 that have real racing where not only raw speed but pit stop efficiency and car/tire mangement are tested. 5 laps is nothing unless its Nords or someplace similar.

12. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Guy,

You didn't read and absorb Bryan's last post. He is running shorter races but the new league series is for long races. The Spa race for instance is, ten laps.

Other venues differ between 30 laps and 26.

13. Bryan Birtwell

Hmmm... Me thinks you taken me too literally. To me the "Real Racing" didn't imply that everything was going to be "real". I suppose next you'll expect people to die when involved in wrecks??? To whom shall we send your death certificate???

What it means is that (for whatever the length of the race is) you'll be "RACING"!!! Not fighting to keep the car on the track... not be involved in nearly as many first corner, first lap wrecks.

So... To conclude... It ain't real racing... The cars, tires, pit crew, administration, car repairs, life insurance (don't even know if they qualify, nor care)... shall I go on... Are not real here, or anyplace else online.

But come have some fun!!! There are going to be organized races of decent lengths. And the pickup races that are now timed at 22 minutes... giving 5 laps at Spa... Unless you're really, really fast, then you might squeeze a 6th lap.

Anyways it's all in fun... just like this post... So, we'd like to see ya on the track!

Bryan Birtwell (Host of F3's @ ??? = Fun!) server.

14. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Bryan, will there also be other races (with the same length) hosted on other days of the week, or other time of saturday?
    Yesterday we had a lot of fun racing and I'd like to repeat in 30-45 minute races. The problem is that saturdays at 20.00GMT is my least available time for racing.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Bryan Birtwell said:To me the "Real Racing" didn't imply that everything was going to be "real". I suppose next you'll expect people to die when involved in wrecks??? To whom shall we send your death certificate???

Ha ha ha ha priceless!!!

16. Bryan Birtwell

The Saturday deal is g7usl's deal. We're friends and I've offered him my server to use for his "series'" purposes.

When that series isn't running on my server (the majority of the time), I'm going to have the server set to races around the 20 minute mark. If I made the races 30 to 45 minutes, I believe I would have an empty server. If a race just started and you entered the F3s@???=Fun! server and saw you had to wait over a half hour to "enter the race", would you wait??? I wouldn't.

As I type this, there are 2 people waiting to get into the server... Two have come and gone, and that's with a 22 minute race.

As time goes on, there will be more servers popping up and I'm sure you'll find one that suits your desires... Until then, come join the fun on my server!

Bryan

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Open server racing is sprint type races. 20 minutes max.

18. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

I say keep the races at 10-15 minutes. Was in a 15 lap race at Spa yesterday, organized through a website many here are familiar with. Before the race, 5+ people are saying what everyone says before the race, TAKE IT EASY IN TURN 1....yeah right, race starts, I'm on the left side and all I wanted to do was hold the left line through the left hand kink of L'Eau Rogue (Turn 1) and not slide right at all, possibly into another driver. I was taking it easy in turn 1. The most vocal asshole before the race (saying to take it easy in T1) rear ends me...car damage for me, race over. I was in a F3, he an F2. That imbecile would have EASILY passed me on the ensuing straight in the F2. And, it was a one hour race. WTF

Bottom line is I'm sick of people telling me what racing is and what it is not. Bryan, the racing last week, and the 13 minute races you had setup were great fun, and that's what I'm here for. These online pick up races are exactly what CdnRacer says, sprint races. Please keep them that way.

19. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Strange that the series has now been on for 2 days and still no entries apart from people that asked me previously to include them.

Well it's there guys, if you don't want it, I'll 'pull the pin' eh?

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ok. Done.