Have you noticed where the REAL racing is???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan Birtwell, Apr 14, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Also many thanks to Bryan for hosting this awesome server! You're the man bro! :)

2. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Ok Race Fans... My server, F3s @ ??? = Fun, is now serving up the 1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod.

<http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4739-1960s-World-Class-Racing-All-Tracks-vMod>

Please read all the instructions carefully! You MUST load the mod offline, and select a track that is not a default 1960s track, for it to work properly. If you don't you WILL be automatically booted from the server due to mismatch. There is nothing wrong with the server.

The server is now been relocated to my computer shop... I kinda liked it here better...

See ya on the track!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  3. Bryan Birtwell

I have to say... Portugal... Malaysia... We had some fun tonight!

I also would like to take a moment to thank all of you that have visited my server. I have been pretty surprised, that even a lot of the noobs (term used affectionately) have listened, when asked to start the race slowly and carefully. I've been able to keep the server public much longer than I anticipated...

So, once again, thanks for helping make this server so much fun to be in!

Bryan Birtwell

4. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a go. I do want to try online racing (haven't before) but the last thing I want to do it wreck some else's race by being too far off the pace and just be a rolling roadblock.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Instructions where Bryan? Seems lefora is down. No,its ok now thanx.
    I installed the mod and tracks,ull be using all of them,Monaco too?

regards nikos

6. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

Hi everybody, I am stuck with the all tracks vmod.

I installed every required component.
    I started single player and selected the all tracks vmod and a track that is not used in the standard 60's rfm.

Nevertheless I cannot join your server. On the server selection screen it says that I have not installed the required mod.

Have I missed something?

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

great news..see you guys soon....

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Same scenario here

9. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

10. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

www.f1elites.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3619http://

FYI when downloading original link that brain gave my mod list said unable to install mod so i did a little investigating and it might have something to do with the build 69...I THINK so i uninstalled rfactor, first i coped all my settings and plugins and sorts than uninstalled, rebooted, installed a fresh version of rfactor reinstalled all isi mods than used nightrat link, thanks for that ;) installed that and all is working now ;)

11. mel1c

mel1c Registered

Thanks for figuring that out Nightrat, I was in the same boat.

12. g7usl

g7usl Registered

13. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Raced last night as Todd Scholl on the server and it was excellent. I was 1-3 seconds behind Vale56 the whole way and had a blast. I remember Nikos on the server as well. I don't know how you have the server setup, but I think the 5 lap races could be reduced to 3 as many of you guys were waiting as only Vale and I were the only cars on the track for the last two laps, or nine minutes. I know that could seem like forever when you're waiting. Otherwise, great stuff. Look forward to more F3 action.

14. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Ya Ya I did a race at Malaysia last night, was super fun, good drivers, all good. There was spin in L2 T1 with Mr. Birtwell, I just wondered if I warped and threw you off or just a spin? I did an almost carefull start, there were no problems but I can do better. Thanks a bunch for hosting and we''ll be a-seeing ya soon! I might add that the server is very smooth!

Tucker

15. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Speaking strictly about F3's @ Spa, setup makes very little difference IMHO, because the track is almost completely flat-out.

I'm using the EVE F3 and my setup is almost stock: I lowered the amount of fuel, and I set front toe-in to 0.00 (the default is -0.10 which produces understeer). I'm also using completely stock gearing for now, which leaves a little bit of top-end available for drafting.

The trick to Spa is carrying as much speed as possible through the turns, which you do with a smooth line. Straighten out the line through Malmedy and get on the power early to carry speed down the Masta Straight; the Masta Kink is flat out. Actually, Stavelot is flat-out as well---the trick is to turn in briskly at the correct point. La Carriere, the right hander across the front porch, is flat-out, as well as Blanchimont, the last left-hand kink.

The other trick is the braking zones, of which there are only four on the entire course: for Eau Rouge, brake after the yellow pit lane line and turn in as close to the wall on the left; try to cut across as close to the guardrail and marshall's stand on the right. The next zone is Les Combes; brake hard after the 100m and apex just after the marshall's stand on the left. Slight lifts will get you through Burnenville, Malmedy, and Holowell--don't brake through these turns. The third time you hit the brakes is for the double left hander at the end after La Carriere, of which the name I'm not sure (in my head they're called Four and Three, in reference to the F1 gears); the first left is flat out, then hard on the brakes after the 100 marker for the second left. The last time you have to hit the brakes is for La Source; start braking around 120m, but work on trying to get it around 100m (threshold braking can be tricky here). Make a wide turn in and a very late apex to carry as much speed down the front straight as possible.

My best solo time is something like 4:18.2, but 4:25 is actually very respectable; at this point you are ready to go online and try to tackle other drivers and learn about race craft. I bet you'll be able to shave off 2-3 seconds with nothing but a bit more track familiarity.

16. Bryan Birtwell

Yes, thanks Dave, This is where you will need to sign up to be part of the ongoing fun on this server.

On another note... I've had more than a couple of PMs regarding ping times. I view the server through Team Viewer while racing... and not, like right now. I really don't see too many people's pings go above 120ms. That's pretty good in my book.

This server is located at my computer shop. It's not a commercial server. It's my old gaming rig connected up to cable. I do not have the means to rent a commercial server. Possibly when we get a league or probably two out of this venture, we'll all kick in some doe ray me, and rent a real server. I may remove win 7 from the server and install Server 08 or Server 2012 and see if that helps.

Have fun, and I'll see ya on the track!

Bryan

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Ran a practice session on the server this afternoon ( after getting the correct vMod ). Worked good, until my ffb decided to drop out.
    Good server. fun? yep!

18. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hi everybody

Can someone please point me in the right direction to find the GT layout minus tyre stacks mod so that i can get back on this server.

Thankyou Brian

Please disregard problem solved :D

19. Magzire

Magzire Registered

What do i need to play on this server? Having no luck.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You mean you can't join.

That server has no aids.
    I find it weird they have damage 100% but allow any driver view.

I make a room for rookies called F3 -ROOKIES

I like to race within practice. Rookie learns heaps if you go slow here 'n there, give them a tow, etc. etc.

You can have any driving view, auto shift, clutch, auto pit-lane, no damage and spin recovery if you need them.

I will often hang with drivers slower then me in race to give them bit of immersion and company.

I cant get too Serious with it, other day I was being laughed at. :p
    Today I have done 4:22 which will do me fine for race considering
    1/2 the fast guys in the race crash out anyways. lol

just want to have fun and not take it too seriously.

BTW I have a room up right now.