[REL] ethone/Virtua_LM: Fuji Speedway 2012 v1.04

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Apr 12, 2012.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Nice Babs. Look forward to it ;) You rock

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

And of course tx ethone for your work :D

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Thanks for the official release Ethone. It was a pleasure working with you on this one :) Looking forward to future releases and cooperations!

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

One of my all time favorite tracks!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

I've downloaded it yesterday and tried it. Loved it and all seemed good!

Cheers

5. Nestor A Bogo

Nestor A Bogo Registered

WOW..... thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

6. easyt

easyt Registered

great track!!
    what lap times are you all getting with a GTR?

im stuck on a high 1:37.

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thank you very much for your work. Unfortunately, I get terrible framerate drops here even after lowering Track detail and shadows to low and off. It performs much worse than the other tracks I have and, whilst I realise AMD Athlon 250 x2 3.4 and HD4850 512mb and 4gb Ram isn't high spec, I can run all other tracks full track detail, high texture, medium everything else, 8 x AA 16 AF 1360x768, everything on except wind motion and environment ref, 29 AI and still get 25fps race start with 45-65fps in race. Here, it drops to less than 10fps for a lot of the lap. Thing is, it runs same fps as other tracks when I'm not experiencing these massive drops in fps 2 or 3 times per lap for about 5-10 seconds. This sort of fps drop is very rare on my pc luckily, including Crysis, GTA4 etc med to high as with rfactor 2.
    So, I don't understand why this track has this problem for me. Any advice welcomed, and also, well done its very good but unplayable for me even alone on track no shadows low track detail and no AA.
    p.s. the curbs are great.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  8. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

looks great !
    Thank you very much.

9. Vevex

Vevex Registered

Thank you very mutch Ethone :)

10. ethone

ethone Registered

On a fully rubbered-in track I managed a 1.35.336.

Here's my fairly basic setup: View attachment 1974

11. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Great jop

:)

12. MJP

MJP Registered

This track seems to use more VRAM than other tracks. Using my normal settings most stuff LOW or OFF @1680x1050 25AI I use ~ 480MB VRAM with Nissans at Mills, at Fuji this rises to ~730MB.

I tried your settings (1280x800 was nearest res I could get) and at Mills I'm using ~810 and at Fuji it hits 1GB but I don't get the single figure FPS you're getting but I think that's a combination of my CPU and rF2 liking Nvidia cards a little better than AMD ones. Your settings completely exhaust the local VRAM and push the system into how well it manages non-local VRAM usage, at some point the FPS is going to tank.

I also tried your lower settings (alone/no shadows/no AA/low track detail), at Mills I use ~345MB and at Fuji ~613MB (local VRAM completely exhausted again) but I get a solid 60FPS (vsync) all round the track, looks like your CPU could be letting you down here.

13. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks for looking into it MJP. Jolly decent of you. So its just a step too far for me regardless of settings you reckon.
    Well, what is it about this track that uses more vram? And is it possible, with updates to the game, that this will fall within my reach? Would upgrading to a 1mb graphics card, and going a step or two up the GPU chart on Toms hardware, sort me out dya think? Is there anything else I could try on my current hardware? Any opinions welcome.

14. jaysdaman

jaysdaman Registered

Thanks for the track. Heaps of fun to drive. The only thing I noticed is the AI seem a bit less competitive that at other tracks. Please don't get me wrong this is just an observation and not in anyway saying anything bad about the great work...Thanks again for your efforts.

15. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

thanks Ethone!

I think people should donate money for work like this, at the current rate (without donations and incentive) rf2 will never be finished/released.

I've pretty much been playing rf2 beta for 4 months without much difference...

If you look at PCARS development (yes i know they are bigger company), they release so much new content every week.

The longer it takes rf2 to come out with more content, the more people will move away to other sims...

Just my 2cents

16. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be used online. :)

17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Got a graphics issue on this track which I've noticed doesn't exist on someone else's video. Have tried latest official and beta NVidia drivers and have tried switching FXAA and HDR on and off.

Any ideas?

GRAB_003.JPG

GRAB_004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  18. Maug

Maug Registered

I have this on every track in the game too, not just on this one.

Thanks for the track by the way.

19. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Always thought that is the "heat of the track" special effect I read somewhere here at the forum? - have it in every track I drove.

20. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Very nice track! But I also have problems. All other routes no problems. But here I get 2-3 sec Laggs. I always 60 frames, then there was, about 2-7 frames less. And there are many lags! I have a q 9650 extreme @ 4 ghz and 3x 295 GTX. That should not happen so I have enough vram! How can it be?

greeting

Der Kutscher