International Formula Master 2009

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by erale, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

This thread is gold, please keep going.

2. StevenQ74

StevenQ74 Registered

3. g7usl

g7usl Registered

Asking for help is certainly not spamming, my freind!

If you cannot answer my question then please do me the honour of refraining to vent your sarcasm. Thank you.

4. AndyCTDP

AndyCTDP Registered

If you have no clue about the topic it is spamming! So you got the answer you deserved!

5. ethone

ethone Registered

Getting an answer to a question requires formulating one that makes sense in the first place. ;)

6. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

lol

Nice to see the progress you guys make. I'm a happy follower of the project! Good luck!

7. AndyCTDP

AndyCTDP Registered

Small Teaser :) Thanks to Tuttle for the shot ;)

[​IMG]

8. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Yeah looks fantastic,the car and the track.

9. erale

erale Registered

As we haven't posted new stuff for a while here is a small preview of the UI were planning to include with IFM:

ifm_ui_preview.jpg

10. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

That ist fantastic. It looks incredible!

Echt schöne Arbeit. Kann es kaum erwarten :)

11. Dahie

Dahie Registered

Stefan, you spoiled! :D

Haha, thanks. The menu is done by erale and your's truly provided the splash-artworks. :)

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That UI looks very classy. Good job

13. I'm really looking forward to driving those cars! Thanks CTDP! ;)

14. erale

erale Registered

15. Dahie

Dahie Registered

16. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

hi

you were one of most "solid" team to announce something in rf2. I think you always had the "beta status" in mind from the beginning. I understand how this can be annoyed to have to redone some parts again and again. By the way, i have to say even after 6months or more, i don't like the new package system.

This is for me an useless barrier for a modding work.

Anyway, my point is : do you like to drive your car on this game ? :) i suppose there is still work on physics and others parts ^^ but IMO there is one and unique question.

Moreover, i saw something about helmets and textures missing. i think this is not a important point. I mean if your mod is nice, leagues will use it and make their skins.

bye :)

17. Dahie

Dahie Registered

One of the issues we have at the moment is, that we are down to one physics guy who created the basics physics for the car based on the official car manuals. The hard part is the new tiremodel which requires a data accuracy you can't achieve as a modder. So tires are down to lots of trial and error, which is a pain in the ass to do, because of the new tire lookup-table-compilation process, which takes several hours each time.

We have an internal alpha, we gave it to a number of beta testers, who just shrugged, noted it needs work and left. There was barely any feedback to work with and us members of CTDP aren't good drivers. I'm happy to keep the car straight, I can barely create a setup, let alone judge if the carphysics are right. Members who worked on this back on F1-2006 weren't interested in IFM-2009 and left and so we are understaffed here.

1 person likes this.
  18. If you need some physics testers I think I could be able to provide you with concise feeling/behaviour feedback!
    Cheers,
    Oli ;)

19. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Hi Dahie, i know this may sound silly however why not try using the current F2 tire model already available in rF2?

20. 10speed

10speed Registered

Because with rF2 it's not just changing a few numbers in the tbc-file and testing the effects. Instead the tires have to be computed based on lots of data regular modders don't have access to. Moreover, the calculation itself takes a lot of time even on fast computers.
    To allow modding in a proper way the tire model has to be finalized first. Additionally without documentation by ISI this won't work for most people. At least modders will need some reference files (touring car tire, modern open wheeler tire etc.) with detailed explanations to understand what right now appears to be a magic box.
    This is also needed to help increasing the quality of mods. With the simple tire model in rF1 you can barely find similarities between different tbc-files representing the same vehicle class. Now with the new tire model this problem will become even more apparent if ISI does not provide a solid basis and guidelines to work on.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012