**Fanatec Community Testing** - VOTE FOR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by ZeosPantera, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Who should represent ISI as Community Tester for the new Fanatec Wheel?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2012.
  1. ADUBZ

21 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Alex Ball

23 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Fergy

18 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Fohat

27 vote(s)
    22.5%
  5. John Crichton

33 vote(s)
    27.5%
  6. Marc Collins

22 vote(s)
    18.3%
  7. SeaHawksFan1

20 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. smbrm

24 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Simon Hodge

20 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. VLA

21 vote(s)
    17.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TenbearZZ

TenbearZZ Registered

Seahawks1Fan handle should be simraceFanatic. The video's he produces and narrates are fantastic, his enthusiasm for the sim racing game we all love, is a cut above most. Seahawks has generated a tremendous amount of interest to others, and no, I did not join this forum for vote only...this is THE guy for your evaluation, hands down.. ! TBZz

2. Simon Hodge

Simon Hodge Registered

Alex,

I agree with what you have said and tbh I am exactly the same!!! I visit many forums and read alot but only post a minimum, like you I only post if I can be constructive or informative!! I would rather be sim racing then posting on forums if im honest. I have posted the most on ISR forums but some of my posts are to try and resolve the "FANBOY" post, which I personally hate.

I have no allegence to any manufacturer, I buy all my own equipment after heavily researching the item. I have tried alot wheels my first being the Red Logitech Momo, G25, G27, Fanatec GT2, CSR, CSRE, T500rs. From my experience there isnt much between the T500 or the CSRE, i liked both and for me the only factor that swayed me was the xbox compatibility BUT i havent played forza for months as I love iRacing, Rfactor, RBR & Netkar hence why i would love to be a tester for the CSW.

I have a group of friends who are like myself, Sim race everyday. We all got together to help my m8 who was a tester for the CSRE and and had a very enjoyable after testing all the above wheels. I would again get everyone together and do I group test as we are all at different stages, from sim racing for 10+ years to just starting out so have mixed abilities and expectations.

My current equipment is

i5 Computer with 8 gig & 6970. Im no expert so cant give you full spec
    Fanatec CSRE
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals
    Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
    TH8RS Shifter
    Buttkicker with 2 Aura Bass Shakers
    Derek Speares Button Box
    SR Hardware Gear Indicator
    SR Hardware Digital Speedo
    SR E Box
    Gamepod GT2 Evo Race Rig
    Logitech z500 5.1 speakers
    Astro A40 Headset
    3 24" iiyama LCD Monitors
    Logitech HD Web Cam
    3 Xbox 360's

Thanks
    Simon

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for including me in the process. I think that having been involved in actual racing/driving sim testing is a plus, but you will decide.

Here is my submission from the original thread:

I am exclusively a PC racer. iRacing and rFactor 2 are the only titles that have truly physics-based FFB, so they are my favourites. GPL is the title that turned me into a sim racer from a game player. I have spent too many hours with it, GTR2, rFactor and all the other rFactor-based variants over the years. I also raced everything that Papyrus produced. RBR is still used to this day, with lots of add-ons. rFactor is used with TechAde's new RealFeel from GameStockCar, of course!

· Driving style: Road GT, Road F1, Rally

· Canada - Toronto

· Moderately high-end PC; Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel.

· I have been involved in testing sims for multiple manufacturers (anyone remember as far back as Europress/Magnetic Fields rally titles??) and also have raced actual race cars (F2000 being the highest class). I worked with Kari Ikonen on the GPL AI Tweaker back in the day (I think he actually put me in the credits!) I spent almost 10 years as an IT professional, so I have some concept of what proper testing involves and also know my way around hardware and software.

· I am an exacting critic and have very high standards. I also appreciate well engineered equipment. It is my belief that I can make a good comparison with existing Fanatec equipment and I still have my Logietch G25 that I used previously.

Thanks,

Marc

4. Fohat

Fohat Registered

Hi guys.

I would like to say Thank You for putting me in the poll. Never thought I'd get many votes though, so I guess some of my racing-buddies have voted for me. But anyway, thanks to those who have.

Also maybe I should tell a bit more about myself. I work as an electronics-technician at a company called Brüel & Kjær. If any of you have worked in car- or airplane-industry you might know the name. Even Ferrari uses our stuff, and a certain huge American company that makes computers and phones and stuff (you know who I mean) use our gear to measure the noise-level of what they make (imagine how quiet our stuff is). A great place to work.

A few years back I worked as a sound-technician in a mobile sound-studio, recorded everything from Death Metal to classical quartets. Also worked in "normal" studios.
    Been playing music since I was 8, started on guitar at 12. Both classic and electric, learned to read music when I started.

As a simracer I'm not one of the fast guys, but after 150+ races (and only 1 win, lol) I know what's it about. I prefer endurance racing, where stability can be a deciding factor.

I'm sure all of us are able to make a good review, no matter who wins. So good luck to all :) .

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

2,203 thread views and only 86 votes.. We can do better!

6. Seahawks1Fan

Seahawks1Fan Registered

Thanks for the votes guys. I'm down by 9 and it's the 4th quarter! I need a hail mary. Do you believe in miracles... :)

7. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I've voted.

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

A significant amount of views are probably down to Bots, etc.

9. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

Damn you lot, I lost my lovely tasty lead!

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This may come down to a 3 o'clock street brawl!

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

It could all go down to the swimsuit contest :eek:

12. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I'm for world peace!:rolleyes:

13. Fohat

Fohat Registered

Yeah, then I took it just to be passed by John Crichton who got 7-8 votes during last night :D.

14. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

Good luck you guys :)

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well, it is all over.. A good fight. Some upsets, a lot of overtakes and some late bloomers but in the end the checkered flag must fall for everyone. John Crichton taking the top of the poll with 33 votes followed CLOSELY by fohat and smbrm. I will report the news to my Fanatec contact and the winner should be receiving a PM from me asking for their user details.

A Big thank you to everyone who participated. Perhaps will will do this again some day.

16. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Well done John, have fun testing the wheel. Looking forward to your review.

17. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Congrats John, looking forward to your thoughts and feedback about Fanatec's new wheel.

18. John Crichton

John Crichton Registered

Hello Everyone
    I would like to thank the community for its support ,i will do my best to be up to the task but im confident i can give it a fair review. :)
    thanks again

19. VLA

VLA Registered

Well done john, I look forward to your review.

And thanks plenty all that voted for me as well as those that participated in the selection process. It was a great deal of fun to be involved.

happy racing everyone.

20. Seahawks1Fan

Seahawks1Fan Registered

Congrats to John on the victory. Looking forward to your review.

While I didn't win here, I do have 1 more shot at being a community tester over at Inside Sim Racing. Voting ends April 26th and it's a tight race already.

Here's the link
    http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=6863