Maserati Trofeo GranTurismo MC Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

You can select between a clear and a dirty windscreen in the upgrade options. But i know still not the best, and the ligths as well, because, they (ISI) changed something every build, and i can't follow them. :) Sometimes was good, sometimes wasn't, so, sorry but i need to wait a bigger and better update.

2. Provost

Provost Registered

Ok, Thanks a lot for the mod, it's AWESOME

3. marc512

marc512 Registered

4. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Nice shots thx!

5. marc512

marc512 Registered

6. oc_geek

oc_geek Registered

Same prob here (with v1.6)

The veichle which is said to be installed is NOT recognized by the VMOD
    (all elese is seen as installed, sounds, locations) it won't install because of that inconsistency

7. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Sometimes happend the same with me, but please double check the "manifest", and under the "Installed" folder the "sounds" "vehicles" and "rfm" folder after you uninstall the older version. Sometimes after you uninstall a mod left there something, and because of this, you can't install the new version. Maybe it helps.

8. JOR

JOR Registered

great work Tommy78, the mod is very nice to drive.
    also love the ffb, feels great
    tx alot

9. TheRoggan

TheRoggan Registered

I have the same problem as well... Though I came from a fresh install for v1.5 vehicle and sound and 1.5 and/or v1.6 vmod.

I did the following:
    1. Copied all 3 files from the v1.5 zip to packages folder
    2. Via mod manager i installed the vehicle file v1.5, followed by the sound file
    3. Then went back to "Show only mods" to install the vmod, however both v1.5 and v1.6 are listed as "Could not install"
    When i view the details it says that Maserati v1.5 vehicle is not installed (I have all tracks installed and they list OK)

If i try to drive the car like this (car and sound installed) everything appears to work but the camera view is set underneath/inside the car and its not possible to adjust it to the correct position (max up and forward brings the camera to just above the fire extinguisher under the seat).

Im using build latest build 101 of rF2

I really want to drive this car and I cant get it working... Any ideas? I tried cleaning the files manually from the "Installed" folder but they where already removed when using the "uninstall" option in the mod manager (tried re-installing as described above 3 times now).

10. TheRoggan

TheRoggan Registered

I tried this again and it appears everything is working fine except the cockpit camera position. I used the bumper cam and did some driving, VERY VERY nice modelling!

The balance of the car is very well captured, sounds are quite good as well and what I can see from the cockpit from screenshots that looks nice as well!

This car balance got me really tempted to do some drifting, would it be possible to allow more lock in the setup? Like up to 33-35 degrees? That would really be awesome!

Again really great work on this mod! Once the cockpit camera view can be fixed for those who has issues with it this will be my favorite car in rF2!

11. TheRoggan

TheRoggan Registered

NOW ITS WORKING! :)

I don't know exactly what the root cause of the issue was before, but this is exactly what I did now and it works. Could have been some random rFactor2 beta mod bug, no idea.

1. Uninstalled and removed the previous files (mod + car and sound)
    2. I downloaded the v1.5 file again from the 2:nd mirror (Rapidshare)
    3. Moved only car and sound files to packages and installed them (first car then sound) - Tried at this point and it worked!
    4. Moved the v1.6 mod file ("all tracks...") to packages (it now appeared under the install-able mods) and installed
    5. Works fine!

This is an awesome mod Tommy, well done!!

I'm running this in 3D and the interior looks just great, like you are really in the car! Instrument "cluster" appears a bit "pink" but maybe that is how it is IRL :)

If possible for a future version if you could increase max steering lock to about 35 is would be flawless for my driving style :)

12. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

@TheRoggan

Sorry, i can't respond to your problem, i wasn't at home, i see just now your problem, but you solved. Yes maybe something bug, cause i met before the same problem.

And thanks for your comment, and i will do your steering lock "problem" at the next version.

@JOR

Thanks!

13. Nachaso

Nachaso Registered

Hey guys, does anybody have any nice setup? I donĀ“t know why, but in the latest version it seem "undriveble" to me...didnt have the same problem with previous versions.

Thanks!

14. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

To the creator of this mod...

I downloaded this mod yesterday and tested it for about an hour.
    Great work! It's a lot of fun to drive the Maserati! There's one thing that confuses me though. In the car selection screen there's two instances of every car.
    I installed version 1.0 and 1.5 on top of it. Maybe that's the problem?

Anyway, thanks for this awesome ride!

15. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

All cars are doubled, because one is 2011 and the other one is 2012 version. Looks and physics are different. You can read about this on the changelog at the first post.

16. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Oh well, I didn't realize that. But thanks for the reply.

17. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I can't get the mod to work no matter what I try. I go to All Cars and Tracks, then go to pick the car and everyone is blank. No car showing. Then if I go to drive, no car showing.

I tried following the instructions above, but no luck.

18. TheRoggan

TheRoggan Registered

@ Naasho:
    One adjustment which makes the car more stable under braking is to simply move more brake % to the front.

I softened the suspension a bit and adjusted the brake bias to closer to 60/40 (front/rear) and its very consistent and balanced.

@ Tommy:
    Driven some more now when it works properly, and its really a good mod. AI seams to cope well with these are as well, very challenging to beat them at 120% strength.

Would be awesome if you could in the next version increase max lock in the car setup to about 37 degrees. I think the road car goes to about 40 degrees in real-life. Really looking forward to this.

Any timelines for the next version and what it will include?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
  19. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

@TheRoggan

Yes i could, we talked about from this a few post before (#253, #254) so i will change the max lock.
    Still don't know what and when will be the next update. :(

20. Dalton Lee Aquilina

Dalton Lee Aquilina Registered

Could someone kindly explain step by step to me where I can get the VMod tracks at and what I have to do to install them.

I can't understand exactly the compatibility of VMods, are all VMod tracks compatible with VMod cars? Or do I have to download all the tracks for every VMod?

Thanks and apologies for this question, but I can't seem to understand the procedure to install VMods, and I'd really like to try out this mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.