Maserati Trofeo GranTurismo MC Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROON

ROON Registered

Stop teasing us all with that beautiful track, feels! ;)

2. anels9

anels9 Registered

3. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Thanks guys all of the feedback!

I know few texture are not so good, but i'm still working, and waiting for the new update.

@feeels
    Great video! Thanx for sharing, and one question, when we can try your Croft? It's a very good and exciting track! You did a very good job!!

4. anels9

anels9 Registered

i dont understand how to install this?

5. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Hi there,

the sounds are my part in this session. The sounds are recordings from the original engine. The problem is that rFactor's sound engine is unable to simulate all nature's influences on the sound. If you record close by, you will get lower tones and less crackling and snorting. If you record from a huge distance, you get what you hear in the video. It is almost impossible yo get the sounds exactly right.

Also keep in mind that microphones differ a lot.

6. simnewsdaily

simnewsdaily Registered

7. anels9

anels9 Registered

Okay, I understand.

Yeah that's true. Thanks for your response. But they are very good sounds though. :)

8. anels9

anels9 Registered

Tommy78 can you upload just the cars please, not all the links work for the tracks on sites. :/

9. Kevin Krause

Kevin Krause Registered

Great work!!!!! Keep it up. 8 ) Sounds great...

10. ROON

ROON Registered

Mod installed without a hitch last night, and I spent an hour or two driving around Infineon and Fuji. What an awesome car this is, really fun to drive on the limit and throw around corners, plenty of power and responsiveness, but without being too unbelievable. :) All in all I had a great time, and once I'm done typing this I'm going to go and drive it again - but I'd like to offer some constructive criticism, maybe it will help you improve the mod (don't take offence!).

- The FFB to me feels very light, I'm not sure if it could be done, but a heavier feel would be nice.
    - The cockpit window is very 'milky', and makes driving somewhat difficult. I drive on the roof camera because of this, which I hate.
    - The skins seem to be lacking depth, like there isn't enough saturation, compare the in-game with real-life cars:

View attachment 2227 View attachment 2228

- You can see that the real life example has much richer and deeper colours, compared to the faded in-game look.

That's all. Once again, it's a great mod and I'm having a lot of fun with it, but there is some room for small improvements. :)

11. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

And that's why we have FFB multiplier in controller's settings :)

12. ROON

ROON Registered

Hadn't thought of that! Cheers.

13. Yarach

Yarach Registered

The "depth" could be fixed quite easily. It is due to our computers the shadows cannot be processed, it would cost too much rendering time. However it could be simulated by adding darker spots on the texture itself so they are pre-rendered.

[​IMG]

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

OP: Really starting to enjoy this mod. It has alot of potential IMO and can't wait to see what it looks like when ISI start turning the candy up. FFB feels very nice IMO for so early on.

15. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Good video Fonismo. What circuit is recommended to test this mod??

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

17. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Good video, what's this head move ? Track-IR or plug-in ?

18. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Very fun mod! Tried last night for about an hour on snetterton and PBI. On snetterton, was very fun, predictable and I could really throw the car around a LOT more than any ISI car. Watching the car bump a little and react on small bumps is really awesome.
    On PBI however, I couldn't seem to control it for some reason. Seemed much more slippery. Could just be my little knowledge with tuning, but it seemed to just slide slide slide on this course. After a while I got used to it and it was all good.
    AI seems to be ok with the car too.
    Sound is pretty sweet and beefy. Visually inside the car is great, above and beyond except for the milkyness that seems to occur with light sources from behind mostly (at least how I noticed)
    I noticed this because I played Snetterton during early morning and got the headlights being stuck on the road bug; everytime I passed those stuck lights, the over-brightness only occured once I passed them, and they shown behind.

I seem to be having an outer visual issue that doesn't seem mentioned. Or maybe it was? In replay and viewing the outside of the car, I have no front bumper. At all. HAve a feeling it IS there, but not showing up to me. Forgive me if this was already mentioned.

Simple expected bugs that aren't game breaking much at all. I can easily say this will probably be my most played car at this point :D

19. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

So, what did you do? I have the same, it's a real FPS killer for me. Have to turn settings down to drive it smoothly.

I do like it a lot though! It's a very nice car to drive. I really can't wait till it's released in a state that I can use it for a club race ;) Very exciting, nice work! Keep it up.

20. RKipker

RKipker Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.