Gt servers ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenneth Sehested Pedersen, Apr 8, 2012.

1. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

not been on your server to be honest ? every time a isr member i beg ? what else am i supposed to do its been like one and a half months since ive had a good race bcos of it

2. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

+10000

Although I can understand the mod packaging system on the development side and for mod teams the
    current mod packaging system for the end user is a load of crap, If isi don't do something to make it easer for people to just join servers and grab content I'm going to have an Aneurysm.

These things would be nice

1) linking to content on server list telling you the specific content you need , if you have it or not and a link to get it or a download system that grabs content automatically .

2) cars , tracks , series separated

3) package content in .exe that can just be ran and have it auto install

4) maybe have a mod mangier outside the game with a nice UI that keeps all the mods up-to-date and also lets you easily find and download content.

The only reason I stopped playing RF1 was because of the hassle of installing content , what's funny is that once you got used to it's probably easer to install and get on a server for RF1 than it is for RF2. Its not that I necessarily found it hard it was just telling all my friends what to do finding specific download links that were not broking or had the correct version of the track or car mod and all the other crap. After working 13 hours you don't want to spend your 2-3 hours of game time sorting out files just to get into a race.

One time when trying to get tracks and specific mod for Rf1 RFC linked me to a baby clothing website.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Click Here for proof
    Full Chat

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  4. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

lol i didnt liek ur forced view.. dont take my blow up sim doll comment to serious haha are u touchy?

i guess what i meant to say is i choose not to race in your forced view server

5. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Then keep your mouth shut and leave You haven't got a clue have you m8

6. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

ssshhh im watching the f1 replay

7. ROON

ROON Registered

8. bmwmaster

bmwmaster Registered

It would be nice when we would have an "info" screen when joining on servers.

People which run dedicated servers could write down web adresses where mods and other stuff can be downloaded.
    Or qiet better there should be links to the right mod.

That would help alot i think !