Gt servers ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenneth Sehested Pedersen, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

Kenneth Sehested Pedersen Registered

Why is it server not running Mid-ohio ????

they should replace malaysia with Mid-ohio on the servers running Gt mod.... i think malaysia i to much F1 track

2. ROON

ROON Registered

Why? Probably because of rF2's frankly rubbish packaging system which means you simply can't mix and match tracks as you please. Instead the server owner is required to create a new RFMOD with the cars and circuits of their choice, then have the users of the server download that RFMOD from somewhere in order to be able to join.

Most servers won't bother creating their own RFMOD's. It's easier to stick to what we're fed by ISI and avoid the confusion of trying to have flexibility. :rolleyes:

3. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Yes as Roon states we run 5 servers 3 of them custom but mainly only our club members get the rfmod to be able to race at,heres an example a few weeks ago I was in our megane sprints server it was full 30 players I kept posting to all to get our rfmod then we will change next race to custom tracks out of the 30 people we had 7 come over and 4 was our members lol, hence why I keep asking ISI to change this method it is not good for the future of the game, they must either separate the tracks from the car mods or allow server auto downloads please take note ISI...

4. Radar

Radar Registered

I too hope it happens in the next patch or close to.

5. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Don't hold your breath.

On our server I got sick of spending endless amounts of time installing a VMOD (such as GTWEC vs Megane) only to be told by RF2 it couldn't be installed because required content wasn't installed (the list included files for default content).

I don't put this on the guys doing the VMODs, and appreciate thier work, but I have better things to do with my time....like run my community and race (yes, admins are racers too :) ).

6. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

sad it has to be that hard.....would love to take the 370 for a spin on mid-ohio :)

7. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I will try and sort it over the next few days to get our current gt4 class server running mid ohio

8. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thanks BasJon, but that is if no one has the VMOD to enter .....

This system does not work, is complicated and completely useless. Right now there are 4 servers with Mid-Ohio and one is running on them because of the VMOD.

9. BasJon

BasJon Registered

No problem, and once it is sorted I shall post the download link across all our servers so people will be able to get the file, the problem at the moment it all new vmods are currently on hold and wont link up to matchmaker system, hopefully ISI will sort this soon :)

10. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Now it seems that everything worked just fine.
    In the coming days we can make a Vmod with all available circuits.
    Logically, the mod will have to be a bit heavy as megabytes, because it will contain all the circuitry is not official.

Babs ;)

11. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

hey isr barabba..... i was playing on the isr servers and one day i was showing my mate round track when he crashed i waited on him... i got a ban for parking on road sumone hit me yeh.. but it was in practise mode no big deal i thought

anyway i was banned without warning and i need to get back in? its a bit harsh!

every time i see isr guys in other servers they say they will try sort it out and i end on harping on a bit! because ive been waiting like over a month yous cant be serious with a life time ban??

can u help

12. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

you a darling :):eek:

13. BasJon

BasJon Registered

We try to please, and Im also looking forward to racing there with others myself, look forward to seeing you on track kenneth :)
    as for mrbblack, I banned you a month ago for using abusive words, you then begged me to give you another chance, so I lifted your ban 3 days later, you then join our server again and start driving the wrong way on track, then you start parking on corners to watch others race, so then another admin banned you so that was twice in 5 days, and since you have harped on , on our other servers and keep saying you are being treated unfairly, I will talk with the other 2 main senior admins to see if we will give you one more chance, but it will be the last if they agree this is a sim if you wanna mess around on track then you should do it in single player or your own private server.

14. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

Well yes i used abusive words .. i swore.. :\ but nto at isr guys at the guy who was bein a jerk on track and he deserved it.

The other time i stopped on track waiting on a friend who was off track it was in practise but yeh su=ome isr guy hit me and that was that ..

I just think yous need to give a warning first atleast .. its to much stress when youd banned on the only servers running in the game ..

Just been glad recently people are playing gt other servers and ive had no problems at all as normal ...

cheers

15. argo0

argo0 Registered

Well I've raced with you a couple of times and I'd say hardly ever completing a lap whilst blaming everyone else, trying to get people booted , ironically after one incident although I'm sure the irony is lost on you, shouting and swearing probably doesn't equal 'no problems at all as usual' to most people.
    If you want to show your friends round circuits, you might find it easier in your own server. If you want to shout and swear and whine constantly, you could use your own server. You could do with the practice - both racing and social skills.
    Theres two questions you need to ask yourself - how did the IsR servers get so popular? And why, amongst lots of people who get on well and with respect for each other, do you stand out?
    I'd like to take this oppurtunity to thank IsR for providing servers that stand up against this sort of behaviour.

16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

No need for a warning for mrbblack this guy should be banned on entry to the server.

17. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

lol thanks for the support guys :cool:

18. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

maybe you should get yoru facts right and know that i blatently had sumoen called xxx v something purposly crashing me off the track and hitting my back end thats why i couldnt get a lap in he was waiting for me on every lap .... so why dont u just keep your mouth shut if you dont know the facts ... i screamed for everyone to look at replays but i dont think there was admin there.

people are being real jerks because they ahve seen me askign to get back in ths isr servers and its now turning into some kind of bullying and victimisation

message to isr........ once u unban me then i am goign to change my racing ID so this wont happen and i wont be looked apon as some kind of trouble maker when im nto ive never crashed anyone jstu swore and stopped on track ..

and done a a hell of alot of begging !

im fed up of this!!!!!!!

19. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

My comment has nothing to with your actions on the IsR servers.
    It is based on how you acted on our server.

You need to sign up for an anger management course m8

20. ROON

ROON Registered

Ain't that the truth... :rolleyes: Why don't you take the matter to personal messaging instead of clogging the forum with unban requests?