Nobody able to create mods without invalid ID error!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Devin, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Not everybody able to create mods without invalid ID error!

Hey ISI, since nobody does even look at the other thread and this is probably the biggest problem of rFactor2, i'll post this here now.
    It seems that nobody is able to create mods, not even vmods without getting "invalid mod ID" error on servers. Tim (i think) said that there's a problem with the IDs some weeks ago. All mods which were created AFTER it don't work. A one month old version of my mod still works fine, but every newer version doesn't work. Original thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...howing-invalid-mod-status-in-Dedicated-server
    There are some other threads in the packaging area, but this was the first (i think) and as I said nobody ever reads this so I post it here.

I hope this will be fixed within the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  2. flavor

flavor Registered

Yes, i have been spending my time last 3 days trying to create a vmod tu run in our league a mod with more than a stupid number of 3 tracks.

Always sending "invalid id". rFactor 2 whith this "modding packaging" its a great *&%t. Its impossible to make a vmod, a mod. Its a waste of time.

Have used in this way:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ne-ISI-please-teach-me-in-plain-English/page2

But now I have my profile whith lots of mods, everyone from every test. I can not delete them from my profilem, and all this "mods" are trash.

Im very unhappy whith rFactor2. Very very unhappy ...
    If we can not create our own champinship, wthit our tracks and cars, then its better to run in playstation.

3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I suppose I am one that can say this is an untrue statement as I read it. Maybe it should have read "Not Everybody able to create Mods without invalid ID error! I've got 2 that I believe are working, since I don't get that error, and me and another can race together with the AI. I should probably consider myself blessed, though at times I still have trouble with the packaging system. I hear you on having to have created so many invalid vmod files and cannot do anything with them, it really clutters things up.

Scott

4. Devin

So could you please make a video of making a mod and putting it on a server? I don't really think this is a lie but I can't believe that it's working on the server for you. 3 People tried it and we couldn't get it working. A month before, we did.
    And now some other people are having the same problem.

5. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Have you updated the MAS2.exe and ModMgr.exe files in the directory that you work from? Those 2 files seem to change with each build.

Scott

6. Devin

Yes I did, I know that and I was wondering what happened. The problem is with the launcher I think. I am also able to register the same mod with the same version two times, that's weird...

7. Devin

Thanks ISI it's working again! (I think :D)

8. michael1

michael1 Banned

You must:
    get ID from launcher you put this in the info box when you are about to package.
    you must go to the launcher again put the mod name then the ID and the version.
    Hit install you will get a big long id number you put this at the bottom then hit submit.

9. Devin

@michael1 it's already solved! It was an rFactor problem and not mine :D