Thing your most looking forward to in future updates??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Mar 30, 2012.

1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I'm waiting for adjustable lighting values (direct and ambient light in dev mode) and properly working HDR :)

Physics improvements are also welcome :)

2. bastins

bastins Registered

Topping my list is definitely better AI. I hate online gaming, so my entire future with the game rides solely on the AI.

After that, I'm really looking forward to seeing if they come up with any more historical stuff.

3. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

i think, i have little influence on the development of rF2, but I demand more attractive content with high standards :)

4. slawek

slawek Registered

I would like to add better car animation in replays and on-line game, at the moment it looks like a bricks moving on the flat surface, not really realistic.

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

1. better fix for G25/G27 FFB rattle.
    2. working 5.1 surround sound
    3. minimized input lag
    4. performance optimizations
    5. nordschleife :)

6. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

OH and a new folder button for setups (so you can have diff cars setups in their own folder 8D)

7. Dan_Black

Dan_Black Registered

1) Turn if off if you don't like it

2) Not all of us race with the bickering type, some of us rather get along when we practice and race together and we would like to be able to communicate without having to pull over and type.

8. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Netcode, input lag, fps problems, and custom skins! :)

9. ROON

ROON Registered

If in the future VOIP is integrated with a mute function you can be sure that I'll make full use of it. But considering that voice chat hasn't even been implemented into the program, let alone a toggle or mute function for it, I don't quite understand the necessity for what you're saying.

One doesn't have a choice in the matter when playing in public servers, I'm afraid.

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

Theres lots of things obviously, a lot of very good points made so far. From an offline point of view, I think AI pitting intelligently is a must. I mean reacting to changing weather conditions so if it starts raining sufficiently, they should pit for wets and vice-versa. Or coming in to repair damage, change worn tyres or fill up. Different AI race strategies too. Some should pit once, some twice or more etc.
    Maybe the rain starts but its just a shower. Some of the AI could pit for wets thinking it would be prolonged rain, but some AI could risk waiting a lap or two and would be rewarded in this instance when the rain stops and they're sitting pretty on slicks still. We have the makings of a great Dynamic track feature, we also need great AI Dynamic decision making.

I'd like to add that if ISI improve graphically what I'm seeing so far, on an AMD Athlon x 2 3.4 with HD4850 512mb and 4gb Ram, I'd be delighted. It already looks terrific apart from the few shadow and lighting bugs. I've got track detail on full, texture on high, cars and shadows on medium, everything else on except shadow blur, wind and crowd motion, FXAA and environment reflections. I can have 29 AI and start race with 25fps rising to 40fps pretty quickly then 50 to 70fps when the traffic thins out a bit. The worst thing graphically for me at the moment is how awful the shadows look on the rear of cars that I'm following, but also on most objects. They often look more like a shadow of Bart Simpsons hair. God knows why.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  11. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

a little more R.E.S.P.E.C.T in Audio design

12. Dan_Black

Dan_Black Registered

My point is that if you do not want voice chat, you shouldn't berate those of us who do. We do not propose forcing you to use voice chat.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm not against voice chat itself. But from my experience, any integrated voice chat has more cons than pros.
    Just by design it is very limited and cannot be expanded any time to your needs. Neither developers may want or not to involve additional time for this feature. More over, voice chat is quite complex technology, often with patented solutions for voice compression etc.

As for example I would notice Arma2. It has voice chat integrated but it's suxx with quality, voice positioning, lags and other issues. But once, some one wrote a plugin which make use of TS3, with superb quality of voice, 3d positioning, simulation of radio (FM and MW waves affected by terrain). It is good example of waste of developer resources.

That's why I think that rF2 should not contain voice chat build in. There are a lot other solutions, mature and reliable ones like skype, team speak which match our needs for 100%

14. Maug

Maug Registered

So many things i'd love to see. Turbos/superchargers management(being able to put a sound for them too), proper clutch system, AWD systems management like ATTESA or SAYC, more than 5 lines for engines sounds, ability to turn on autolift and autoblip ingame, that's what's coming to my mind right now.

15. ROON

ROON Registered

Berate? Seriously? Jeez mate all I said is that I personally don't support the suggestion.

16. coops

coops Banned

+1

17. navorsky

navorsky Registered

In my case, its the internet connection that doesn´t allow me join internet races ( and when it does, i suffer from lags and kamikazes on the track ) So, better A.I its something i´m looking forward too...

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

+1

19. theother5

theother5 Registered

The updates.

Seriously, ISI have shown that they are listening and 69 has been a significant step in the right direction. So I'm looking forward to the next step improvement. Lots of folks have written the requests and wishes already and alot line up with what I'd hope to see.

I would say that I'd favour sim functionality of non sim funcationality items ... so things like user interface and menu's whilst important too can wait.

I've been reading alot about POV and trying to set up cockpit view as good as I think I know how and I feel I'm limited by the both seat and mirror vertical adjustment. There's a thread about it already. This is an example of the stuff I would favour in the next update.

Smoothness is obvious and kinda in the grey area for me .... it is so important for the experience that I want it improved asap but then again, we're in BETA and perhaps with additional functionality coded etc, , the real optimization stage comes later as the BETA matures.

Good reading this thread for the most part.

20. bigtabs

bigtabs Registered

A decoupling of the render resolution and the display resolution, so we can have up/down sampling adjustable in game for the 3D stuff while leaving the UI as is (see ARMA 2 for an example of this).
    What does this mean?

It means that we can have supersampling options in game, but not be limited to just doubling or quadrupling the resolution.

Also means that someone with an older graphics card can have a nice crisp UI at 1920x1080p, all the eye candy effects switched on, but a lower 3D render resolution to reduce the strain on their gpu.

Colour grading options
    Let us set the level of saturation and exposure along with the usual brightness/contrast/gamma. This will go a long way to making everybody happy with the look of the game.

Better AA
    Somewhat negated if the render res and display res are decoupled, but a nicer MSAA solution would be good. Not had a chance to play the latest update yet, so maybe this is already in. There is/was something very wrong with the MSAA.. too many jaggies were left even with the aa option set to max. Supersampling should be a bonus to image quality if you can afford to use it, not a requirement.

While FXAA/SMAA/one of their ilk are welcome additions, for geometry edges I don't think these will be of higher quality that a properly implemented MSAA solution. In combination with good MSAA these are great though.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012