Logitech Wingman Formula Force FFB problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Pigsy, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Before I start the wheel I'm referring to is the Formula Force model http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=61 (not the GT), it's the completely red wheel. I know this is a very old wheel but RF2 is the only game that I can't get the FFB to work properly on. Every other 'modern' game it works perfectly on. The wheel is not detected but I can assign all the controls to work within the game. However when I enable FFB 2 things happen. Firstly, FFB works but the car is uncontrollable, with the wheel moving uncontrollably left and right, then the car will sometimes just seem to hit an invisible barrier.
    Secondly, the car will not accelerate to it's full speed. It seems to have some sort of speed limitation and the sense of speed just isn't there. Turn FFB off and it works great.
    I've changed Steering effects strength="-10000.00000" to reverse the FFB effects as some people have suggested, but this doesn't seem to change anything. I've tried all the supplied profiles for other wheels by altering the key assignments and they generally work, but as soon as I enable FFB the same problems occur.
    Wheel works perfectly with FFB enabled in RF1. I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your time.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

3. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

You guys are great. Luc the Skip Updates fix has fixed my problem. I have full FFB now with full program speed. It has transformed the game. The sense of speed is quite frightening now particularly in the open wheelers.
    It seems the Formula Force being primarily a serial wheel (with a USB adapter) was getting overloaded with too much data coming back to it and causing it seizures. Thankyou.