Simple Frame Rate Boost for Nvidia Users .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeslayer, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Simply uninstalling the 3D Vision drivers gave me a massive FPS boost .
    I actually uninstalled them to get Pcars to work but next time I ran rFactor noticed that the frame rate was a lot better , so much so I immediately left the track and turned up my settings , looks so much better now and still runs faster .

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

How much fps have you gained?

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Would you elaborate a bit on how to exactly remove just this?

4. Uff

Uff Registered

It usually is enough to remove the from your Control Panel just like any other program. This suggestion provides much better framerate in other games too, as some of them soffer of bad performance when the 3D driver is installed.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

You had me excited about another tweak,, but I never install the 3d drivers. Nor the Physics or Audio.

6. RKipker

RKipker Registered

I'd be interested as well... I reckon you remove from Control Panel under Programs and Features Win7 or Add Remove Programs XP

7. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Download latest drivers from nvidia. Extract the exe with Winrar and delete NV3DVision folder, then run setup.exe for install drivers.

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

What about things that take advantage of PhysX? You may aswell have those drivers, they take advantage of part of your card you paid good money for.

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I do not believe that I play any games or sims that uses nVidia's PhysX, so why load it? I have never seen mention that rF2 uses it.

10. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Advanced setup has the option to install just the components that you chose to.

11. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

Thanks for the tip Axeslayer running so much smoother now with much higher graphics settings, cant tell you the framerates but alot alot smoother and flowing now.

12. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Just go to the Control Panel\Programs and Features and find the 3D vision driver , select it and hit the uninstall button

13. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Just be doing a race in iRacing helped there as well much less slow down when racing in a pack , my two favourite sims both running much better just by removing something that was disabled anyway .

14. Nielty

Nielty Registered

before 41fps
    after 41fps
    my GPU is a nvidia geforce GT550

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks for the explanation guys, I did it with uninstalling in the control panel.

Sadly; no gain here and in terms of smoothness; seems like a bit less even. But I didn't try it that long; keep you'll posted on that.

Not really a big problem; I was one of the fortuned ones that already had some good fps out of a "crappy" system; starting grid, 20 AI in front of me, all on high except for shadows (off) and fsaa (off) and just bill tex filtering. Did have hdv and fxaa on and playing on 1920xwhatever wide. Then I did 39 fps and I think that's for a system like mine (E8200@ 3,37Ghz - 4Gb 800Mhz - GTX260 OC 896Mb) as good as it gets. Shouldn't be getting too greedy with this, right? ;)

It was worth a try though; thanks for the tip!

16. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

uninstalled 3D vision driver. no increase in fps. still between 75-90 FPS

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Simply disabling the 3D Vision improved performance before (did this shortly after the first build was released), uninstalling the driver had no effect for me. At a guess I'd say those that have uninstalled and are getting better performance may of had 3D Vision Enabled.

18. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Had it disabled before but uninstalling made a massive difference , guess it will be different from one system to another . If uninstalling makes no difference then probably all ready getting the best FPS .