Complete Historic Track Pack

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Chosa, Mar 24, 2012.

1. PJ Dunham

PJ Dunham Registered

i would be in heaven with only a 10th of the classic tracks that ended up in GPL, and with the physics cars from 50s 60s and 70s would be like a wet dream and worth 10 times what we are paying

2. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

Well what do you know, i suddently remebered this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklands

Had a 2 and a half week trip at England five years ago. I visited the Brooklands circuit and the museums and it was stunning, the place ain't big but... The scenery was so beautiful with old trees hanging over the banked curve, old racing stables with vintage racing cars and bikes inside, and that sweet smell of oil and gasoline what floated around the stables... The visit wasn't planned before flying to England. Me & my friend found out about that place via internet while in London. But if i ever go to England again, i want to take another visit at the Brooklands.

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I think there's something very haunting/nostalgic about seeing the ruins of now-defunct circuits. After Rouen was released for rF1, I wanted to learn more about it, so, naturally, being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I browsed online. I just remember that feeling of awe and a bit of sadness that these places are in shambles now. I'm nowhere near old enough to remember races at Rouen, but seeing what has become of it still evoked some sort of nostalgia for its heyday.

Even after having lived my whole life just hours away from Watkins Glen (and relatives only about an hour away), I only just made my first trip there last spring for the Tony Stewart/Lewis Hamilton ride swap. From the first time I tried it in rF1, it became my favorite track. Seeing it in person is pretty amazing, even though I didn't get to ride around it. You really don't get a sense of its elevation changes from the sims. The history behind it is pretty cool and pretty significant for racing within the U.S. I'd love to somehow be involved in a re-working of the track for rF2 in any way that I'm able to.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Talking about nostalgia, if u go to monza (google earth) u still see the old banked part (Grand Prix movie). They were thinking of putting it down,luckilly it escaped (yet).
    It was difficult for me to understand at first how it worked as u acceced it after every second lap (remember GPL?) but if u see it from above, u get it.
    Now thats a track I really would like to see in rf2!

5. blakboks

blakboks Registered

ISI released that layout for rF1--so, let's hope that's one of their tracks that's on the docket for rF2 as well! It'd be great fun to try with a "proper" drafting car like any of the 1960's cars.

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I dont think the late 60s cars that we have in rf2 raced there, I believe only the sports cars did and were expecting one from ISI i think-hope.
    Rf1 old elevated banking?Really? I must have missed that.

7. blakboks

blakboks Registered

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thanks for the link, I DID miss it!

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Goodwood!!