No Games Available in Online Race

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by cybasheep, Mar 23, 2012.

1. cybasheep

cybasheep Registered

Hello Everyone,

Posting again here since my first post in Bug Reports / Problems has been soundly ignored so far. The title says it all, I go to Online Race in the rFactor 2 Beta and all I get is No Games Available. What gives? Are there simply no servers running for the Beta yet? If it's just me, how can I approach troubleshooting the problem?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's lots of servers running, but you're not giving any information which would help solve the problem. The build you're using, the version of Windows, whether you've been able to ever see races, whether you have LAN checked or unchecked in there, whether you have the filters selected, etc.

3. Darius

Darius Registered

I see this too.

There are no servers listed when doing a refresh with or without the LAn checkbox set.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit (all up to date) and an updated rFactor 2 (build 69 version 1.042). I have tried selecting different mods but no change - just an empty list.

I ran Wireshark and I could see it requesting a page from world.rfactor.net however since it's TLS protected I can't see the contents.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for good info :) Did you have any listings with a previous build, or is this the first time you installed rf2?

5. Darius

Darius Registered

NP.

I had the same problem with build 60.

6. cybasheep

cybasheep Registered

Same circumstances as Darius for me:

Windows:
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    System Type: x64-based PC

rFactor:
    Current Build Version: 69 rFactor 2 Version Contained in this Build: 1.042

I am doing nothing in the Online Race screen (e.g. LAN is unchecked, as is Filters), I launch Online Race and the list comes up with No Games Available after a second or so of "Retrieving List". Just like for Darius, this is unchanged behaviour from Build 60 (Build 60 was the first version of rFactor 2 beta I tried). The current install of Build 69 here is 'clean' - I deleted both the old installation and my player profile and installed from the new Build 69 installer.

Fwiw, if I just go to https://world.rfactor.net in a web browser, it comes up with internal server error.

In case you want to review your server logs, my current public IP address is 84.63.170.120. I ran Online Race a couple of times while writing this reply to generate some requests.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  7. cybasheep

cybasheep Registered

Anything else I can do? I would really like to help solve this problem. :p

8. Roadster

Roadster Registered

Since you seem stuck for available options. Let me throw a possible suggestion.

The matchmaker connects through port 443. So this could mean its a problem with your local TLS/SSL settings.
    Just to make sure, do you get an Successful SSL Connection on this website?
    Does it state that "HTTPS (HTTP Over TLS/SSL)" is On?

Check your TLS/SSL settings.
    I'm not sure if and how rF2 uses these protocols but you have to at least tell windows to use them, and point to the proper version.
    Goto Control Panel/Internet Explorer - Tools -> Internet Options -> Tab Advanced
    Scroll down almost to the bottom, under "Security".
    Make sure you have checked the box on "Use TLS 1.0". (I have listed versions 1.0-1.2)

When I uncheck any of these boxes or use a different TLS version I get the "No Games Available" message in the matchmaker list!

Always click apply and restart rF2 before checking.

Since this setting seems so close related to your problems it probably is worth trying.
    As I could recreate (a similar) problem pretty fast, I really think this connection/security issue is the root of your problems.

That seems normal behaviour, as I have the same results. That server is probably not configured for webviewing. It's an error message on their side, it has nothing to do you with your connection. ;)

I hope this will help you a bit or maybe point you in the right direction!

9. Darius

Darius Registered

My computer has TLS 1.0 enabled already, I tried turning on 1.1 and 1.2 but it made no difference.

Yes, I can visit that website OK.

10. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Did you allow rfactor2 to go through the firewall? That can also cause the No games available.

11. Darius

Darius Registered

Yes, it is allowed through the firewall.

I watched the traffic and I see it connect world.rfactor.net and do a TLS web request but nothing else after that.

12. cybasheep

cybasheep Registered

I enabled the Windows CAPI2 Operations log, but no clues in there either.

Also tried enabling the rFactor trace log (apparently still works in rF2), but it looks like the matchmaking code isn't instrumented yet, there are no networking related messages in there whatsoever (this is the log from me launching Online Race, getting No Games Available and exiting Online Race again):

TRACE LEVEL = 5
    tracelog.cpp 140: Command line: "+multiplayer +path=".." +hash=####HIDDEN#### email=####HIDDEN#### pass=####HIDDEN#### +trace=5"
    main.cpp 191: FPU=0x0009001f
    game.cpp 1648: Entered Game::Enter()
    osman.cpp 682: Entered OSMan::Enter()
    plrfile.cpp 2842: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
    plrfile.cpp 1991: Attempting to save to C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\player.TMP
    plrfile.cpp 2024: Retcode: 0 for renaming to C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\player.PLR
    hwinput.cpp 7053: Entered HWInput::Enter()
    hwinput.cpp 7054: HKL=0x04070407
    vidman.cpp 1531: Entered VidMan::Enter()
    specialfx.cp 3399: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
    dynman.cpp 710: Entered DynMan::Enter()
    sound.cpp 1336: Entered Sound::Enter()
    onscreen.cpp 3244: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
    game.cpp 1697: Entered Game::Setup()
    hwinput.cpp 7089: Entered HWInput::Setup()
    options.cpp 4619: Entered Options::Setup()
    O_AppObj.cpp 2737: Initiate options object creation
    O_OSC.cpp 2944: Entered Options_OSC_Reader::ReadOSC()
    vidman.cpp 1338: Trying to Play Bink File: C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\MovieFiles\ISILogo.bik
    MovieMan.cpp 119: Error locating video file C:\USERS\LOFI\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\MOVIEFILES\ISILOGO.BIK
    MovieMan.cpp 119: Error locating video file C:\USERS\LOFI\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\MOVIEFILES\ISILOGO.BIK
    vidman.cpp 1338: Trying to Play Bink File: C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\MovieFiles\FR35_11.bik
    MovieMan.cpp 119: Error locating video file C:\USERS\LOFI\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\MOVIEFILES\FR35_11.BIK
    MovieMan.cpp 119: Error locating video file C:\USERS\LOFI\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\MOVIEFILES\FR35_11.BIK
    vidman.cpp 1338: Trying to Play Bink File: C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\MovieFiles\PreGame.bik
    MovieMan.cpp 119: Error locating video file C:\USERS\LOFI\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\MOVIEFILES\PREGAME.BIK
    MovieMan.cpp 119: Error locating video file C:\USERS\LOFI\DOCUMENTS\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\MOVIEFILES\PREGAME.BIK
    tire_manager 1370: Non-existent tire brand ""
    tire_manager 1370: Non-existent tire brand ""
    O_OSC.cpp 3119: Exited Options_OSC_Reader::ReadOSC()
    O_AppObj.cpp 2829: Options object creation successful
    plrfile.cpp 1991: Attempting to save to C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\player.TMP
    plrfile.cpp 2024: Retcode: 0 for renaming to C:\Users\lofi\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\player.PLR
    game.cpp 2343: Entered Game::Exit()
    sound.cpp 1628: Entered Sound::Exit()
    specialfx.cp 4164: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
    hwinput.cpp 7281: Entered HWInput::Exit()
    dynman.cpp 2553: Entered DynMan::Exit()
    render.cpp 2187: Entered Render::Exit()
    onscreen.cpp 3402: Entered OnScreen::Exit()
    vidman.cpp 2574: Entered VidMan::Exit()
    osman.cpp 746: Entered OSMan::Exit()

13. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Lately seen this also with RF1 when joining online, it doesn't list any online servers even when trying to refresh.
    Only after i release my ip address and renew it to a new one it again starts to show servers.

14. Hanjin

Hanjin Registered

OK guys,problem solved!
    I deleted a folder on this way C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor
    I re-did the login name,and a miracle happened!!!