swheel_track not working on addon tracks?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by ethone, Mar 23, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

I've tried adding a steering wheel track map to my track but couldn't get it to show up. They work fine on the ISI tracks but I haven't found any third party addon tracks that had the track map on the steering wheel show up.

Not a biggie, I can live with not having it but I'd like to know if there is a switch or setting in the scn/gdb somewhere I need to set so that it shows up. Anyone?

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Have you tried simply copying an existing swheel_trackmap.dds file to the new track's layout folder, to make sure there was no typo in the filename? There's no reason why it shouldn't work on a third party track, and it doesn't require any setting up other than the texture being there in the right location.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

Yep, that's actually what I was doing. First with the Joesville one, then with the Portugal GP one but neither one showed up in the FR3.5.

View attachment 1677

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

You ALSO need to make sure at least one track object has a T1 material applied to it named "sectormat". That material should use the track map as its texture.

I usually apply it to the x-sector objects since they don't get rendered anyway...

5. ethone

ethone Registered

Woohoo! Thanks Scott, that did it. In the next revision of the tracktech pdf you might want to include that bit. ;)

View attachment 1679

6. jfodor

jfodor Registered

someone sticky that reply please :D

7. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

Hi,

Did have Same problems.

Tanks for this Great Hits!

Leonardo:eek: