Head light not lighting far enough ?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by magicfr, Mar 22, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

hey,

I drove a bit yesterday at Mid Ohio with the 370Z, with AI.

It seems that the headlight are very strong, when there's an AI in front of me, it is very bright .
    But also it seems that the headlight is only lighting few tenth meters ahead.
    Or maybe we miss the effect that white line should be brigther from light than tarmac?
    I don't know but atm it's feel way harder to drive at night than the real thing.

2. Alric

Alric Registered

Have to agree with you there, the headlights only shine a tiny bit in front of the car and makes it almost impossible to drive in pitch darkness. Hoping this is fixed in future updates.

3. Armando

Armando Registered

I have that problem too, it makes it almost unplayable at night. I have seen some screenshots and videos with reasonable lighting, so it must be a problem with some systems or configurations.

This is my configuration:
    View attachment 1667
    View attachment 1668

And this is what I see:
    View attachment 1669

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same problem here.

5. Goat

Goat Registered

I understand, with the help of this thread, how the light beam works and how to change intensity and color.

This is used modding cars not default cars though

Goat

6. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Hopefully the finding on that thread will be used by ISI to improve vehicle light beam, because the end result is very, very good. Looks quite natural.

edit: here's the picture

[​IMG]

7. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

That looks so good! Actually driving on night looks tempting with lighting that good. Short lights should give something like 30-50 meters of lightable road and longs from 100 to 500 depending on the lights, i'd be happy with 250m of lightable area. Widht of the area should be around 30-40 meters up close an it should narrow when going further.

There is not much point seeing the road for 500m:s as there isn't any long highway type roads to drive. Yet, atleast.

I'm looking to buy Cibie Turini Apollos for my roadcar if i can find them. 1 pair of foglights and on top of the 1 pair of Cornering lights. Rallycars would also have the Spot-Long range version. The winter here is dark, but the white snow helps a lot because it reflects the light, but spring and fall are much more worse. Only wet ground and pitch black darkess that eats all the light.

You can find info about them here
    http://www.talbotco.com/apollo.htm