get rid of all views except for COCKPIT

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by coops, Mar 21, 2012.

1. coops

coops Banned

ITS A SIMULATOR, not a console game.... does any 1 drive sitting on the bonnet or bumper noooooooooooooooo
    so get real and only give them cockpit view.. IMO

1 person likes this.
  2. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

-1 for that

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

well ask your league admin to tick the cockpit view only box on the server...the choice is already there for you to have

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You have the option to enforce cockpit only on servers.

Just thinking purely financially, it makes sense for even the best simulator to have some scale ability, just to get those extra sales. We have driver aids for the same reason. Some people do this for fun.

5. bastins

bastins Registered

Definitely gonna gave to disagree with this one. Options are always, always, a good thing. Those who want to play a certain way can, and those who want to play the other way can.

6. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

I don't know man. Occasionally, I do drive with my head out the window, and sometimes even the sunroof. Hell, I might even do a rodeo drift if I'm feeling up to it.

7. Pits

Pits Registered

It always amuses me that the average drivers want it as real as it gets and the good drivers want the fun, mind you you always get the purists who are the best drivers that want it their way and that's normally the real way. It's always frustrated me, at work its real, home is real, "She" is real the one place I escape too (RFactor) they want it real, can't win (smile), Go race on a track if you want real, and die a terrible long death most likely.

8. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

Hmm... I don't think the other side wants it "arcadish", therefore fun. It's just that we all have a different perception of reality. Then there's the limitation of the virtual camera. The majority aren't even aware of those limitations. I'll just sum it up by saying, virtual cam = pin hole, real eyeballs = lens.

In a real car, the top edge of the windshield is just outside the edges of my eyewear. That's about 30cm beyond the edges of my 50" screen. In virtual cockpit, it's inside the frames of my eyewear. I can't ever get that properly aligned without putting dash/horizon/fov completely out of whack.

Having said all that, I still use cockpit 100% of the time. But I seriously long for curved screens and proper virtual camera that simulates a real lens.

Edit: When I use the word "perception", you'd be inclined to think there shouldn't be room for interpretation. That there should only be 1 reality. Yes, there "should" be only 1 solution. But when you start introducing limitations not present in the real world, that "should" has to be thrown out the window. How many times have you heard that something "should" work, or "should" go to plan, but doesn't? Unfortunately, that's the world of computers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  9. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

If we all had monitors that showed what we see at the control of a car, at the size we see it, then I can see forcing cockpit as a valid option. Not everyone can hook into a massive wall hanging TV. I will never understand simulator/cockpit snobbery. Options are always good. The other view options are also very handy for modding.

10. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

get rid of all views except for COCKPIT??? WOW That's all about me! (Said in a VERY sarcastic manner!)I hear myself saying out loud to myself.

I know people who get sick using cockpit view. It always has head movement and they get quite ill from it. Me, Yes I use cockpit view. It doesn't bother me.

Gladly it seams your pretty much on your own with this opinion.

That about sums it up.

11. Neuro

Neuro Registered

So, they have the option (.plr file "Cockpit Vibration Mult1/2" and "Cockpit Vibration Freq1/2" lines i believe) to switch it off, like hood camera does not have that shaking you talking about. :)

I prefer cockpit camera too, but I don't really care about in which view others drive... until they crash me. :))

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That is all fine and good. :)

But how about a version that is PRO so you have no views, no aids, including drive to pits, etc. etc.

That way people that use this do not need to bother with as many settings and all race equal without having to bother with any server settings.

Is that selfish ?

Hardly, you then have the NORMAL version that includes all aids so, what would anyone have to complain about. ?
    Simple, if you want to race people in both you must buy 2 versions.

No one could have a issue with that either way surely. lol ?

13. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I was expecting that. Yes your right of cause but that doesn't justify not having a option.

What a lot of tripe!!!

The sim gives you ALL the option to LOCK any aids out and enforce the driving view. If your league wants to run things like that it's not like it's hard to do and it's a one off! Set the server and that's it!

Maybe not selfish but stupid when you have all the options available anyway.

14. Avigrace

Avigrace Registered

I feel that bonnet cam is the most realistic, I am holding a steering wheel so why do I want to look at a steering wheel onscreen with hands holding it? I like to think that my monitor is the windscreen so bonnet cam feels the most natural.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So if 2 versions were available you would buy the one with aids then set them all off.
    Now that sounds stupid to me.

Sheesh if that is what you get here for just putting up a idea you can shove it.

All I said is a purists version would be nice, Tim even mentioned them.
    I never said it was doable or viable did I. ?

I was explaining a way you could accommodate the originals posters wish
    rather then just bag it.

16. Ahmad

Ahmad Registered

lol, must be trolling.

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I love the way you excluded part of the sentence to validate your comment.

Do you know of ANY other sim/game format that excludes drivers to have option available?

The point is LIKE Tim said,
    The rest of the comment was
    Meaning the sim is here for everyone and not just a select few.

Racing Sims/Game are a very small part of the world of gaming. As such game producers regardless who they are need to for financial reasons have one platform be more suited the majority, NOT the minority.

The MAIN thing here is YOU HAVE OPTIONS!

If I need to buy a game and then turn off all the things I want to or need to so I can use it as I see fit then YES I would buy it and wouldn't give it a second thought in doing so!!

Ahmad;
    If giving a point of view on a subject whether it be this one or any other is trolling then so be it. Yours or any ones opinion of me is of no consequence.

18. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I totally agree with this, in rF1 i used bumper cam a lot (when not placed on the floor) as it gives best unobstructed view and also a good sense of speed. When the bumper cam is placed on the floor the next option is hood cam and as quoted above along with the virtual mirrors gives you the best all round view allowing for close racing without contact.

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

And what about get rid of keyboard players? Is there a way?

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You do that with driver aids, as they can't drive without some.