My wish list

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by henri200, Mar 21, 2012.

1. henri200

henri200 Registered

During the beta period I've encountered many things that I would like to see in rF2 at some point. Anyway, here's my wish list :).

- Weather prediction. For example a text based prediction for the weekend. As it's a prediction, it might not be always accurate. Should be optional.

- Changing pre-race time. At the moment (and in rF1) it was fixed to 35 seconds, but with rF2 it should definitely be possible to change it to larger period of time. Also it would be good if the tyre temps, engine temps etc don't change when you have clicked race and the countdown is still going (like it would be on pause).

- Possibility to toggle chat on/off during the race. It should still show race control messages, but hide player chat.

- Delta time. The way iRacing has implemented it is quite good. Would love to see it in rF2.

- Possibility to rejoin the race after connection lost or if you have totaled your car (the latter should be with some time penalty, set in multiplayer settings). Should be optional.

- Car specific wheel, FOV and seat settings.

- Show setups of active mod (not car).

- Possibility to have more than one rFactor 2 installed.

- Different in-game profiles. At the moment it is possible to have only one profile, but it should be possible to have more than one. For example in rF1 I have 2 profiles -> one for driving and one for making screenshots, videos etc. They have different keys, graphic settings etc.

- Possibility to force some GFX settings online. Like HDR, water spray coming from cars and so on.

- Tracks and cars should be in a list, not with tiles. It's good and looks nice with few cars/tracks, but once you have 15+ tracks/cars it will be annoying to flick through them to find the right one. Also it should feature some specs about the car.

- Ping to server in server browser.

- The setup folders needs some work. We only have a hanful of mods, but it already looks too cluttered. Different type of namings, unclear namings of different layouts, somes are written in capital letters and some aren't, etc. It definately needs some rethinking, and ISI should name their mods in a similar manner and put up some guidelines to the community. In that way it would look more organized and makes it easier for everyone. One idea I have is that different layouts should be in the same folder. For example all the layouts of Mills are in a folder named "Mills Metropark"

- Possibility to change autoblip and -lift in-game.

- During driving in practice/qualifying it shows loss to the overall leader, but it should be possible to switch it to loss to the class leader. For example when driving with 370Z it compares your laptime to the best 370Z driver, not the overall best (which in most cases in GT-R, because it's a lot faster). In addition, drivers in same class should be distinctive in standings.

2. maatriks

maatriks Registered

I advise ISI staff to look into this post with great care and detail, he took a lot of time and effort to write down this extensive list of features that rF2 lacks of or that are not easy to use at this point.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+1 this would be realy helpfull. (maybe even also exclude join/leave messages when set to admin-only)

This is allready there though? in setups you click 'all' or 'vehicle' and 'all' will show all available setups for the mod. Or maybe i didn't get what you ment.

Crappers, i had not realised this yet. i use multiple profiles as well, also for video editing where i have surtain cams or movements attachted to the wheel etc.
    Not beeing able to change profile is abit of an iffy.
    I guess we could have a special-controller.ini somewhere and place that into the folder for when we would want to do things differently Henri? and then change it back for racing.
    But then again, my graphics are different in video editing as well so i would need to change the PLR file too.

4. henri200

henri200 Registered

It shows setups of the active car. For example when I'm with Nissan GT-R and have 'vehicle' selected under setups, it doesn't show setups made for 370Z.

As of profile, yes, I have 2 different controller.ini files for that. One for wheel and one with special keys for other things. It's easy to switch between them in the controller settings in-game. But there should be easy way to change the whole profile (i.e controller.ini and .plr file), rather than changing the files manually.

5. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

+1 on that one definitly! why not have a chart with the different cars, including the main specs of the cars, and have a dropdown list on each car to choose between the different Team-Colorways? the UI to choose track and car should be much more down to earth and thus much more efficient. give us excel style charts, where we can filter / sort the listed objects and just put small preview pictures in a corner of the screen! i would love it that way.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Well in that case i support your quest, i hand out setups in-game on a regular basis, also for cars i am not driving myself and i would want to be able to continue that.

7. henri200

henri200 Registered

Some time has gone by and I've got some more ideas:

- It would be nice if you could 'search' by typing in the car/track list. For example if you type "Lim" it will select Lime Rock Park. Just like it works in Windows Explorer.

- Possibility to disallow virtual mirrors online (server side).

- Possibility to set different aids to different classes. For example if you do some multi-class racing (think Le Mans), then it could be possible to set different aids to Prototypes and GT's.

- Save server password. Leagues usually have the same password on their server, so it would be nice to save it. Of course it should notify when the password has changed.

- Change session lengths in the Dedicated server program. Also possibility to set whether qualification is private or not.

- Ability to zoom in and out in the showroom.

- Possibility to delete mod/component files from the mod manager.

- player\Settings is too cluttered. It should have folders for tracks, and different layouts inside it, for example "player\Settings\Lime Rock Park\Uphill Chicane". Also the cars should be seperated, for example "player\Settings\Cars\Corvette..". At this rate, the settings folder will be hard to navigate in a year. Also more standard folder naming from ISI would be great.

8. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Could be useful for leagues with all members having triple screen... but not for some folks, who use only one with low FOV, for better realism. In these cases you can't see the real mirrors, so have to rely on the virtual ones even if it is not so sim-like. But if the virtuals are disallowed, it only causes problems instead of making the game more real.

9. Jello

Jello Registered

Some good idea's here.

10. henri200

henri200 Registered

Some vehicles don't have mirrors in real life, karts for example. But actually I think this should be done on the mod side, not server.

11. Neuro

Neuro Registered

You are right, I forgot those. :)