A 70+ km Monster Track

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Mar 19, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Will this track ever come to rFactor 2 in all its glory just like Spa? Hope so.

TARGA FLORIO!

How many laps do we need to run for this track? :D

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

My concern is that how many peoples computers are up to this :D It was already very heavy in rF1.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We will not build the track, absolutely sure, but we do have a very suitable car which we will build eventually.

4. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Which car could they be?

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I have one too :D

Before someone convert it to rF 2, most of us will switch to next gen gpu (and in the mean time, rF 2 will receive some optimizations) so I wouldn't worry too much about performance :)

6. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I can not speak for Kauto .. :)
    If he read this post will make sure that an appropriate comment
    :confused:

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

In that case, I believe that the graphical quality of the track is not up the standards anymore. Meaning it has to be improved, and thus the performance gain is lost again. When it was released for rF1, it wasn't the most prettiest track out there, but it still killed many systems. Same can be expected to happen with rF2.

8. 88mphTim

We will announce some content later and perhaps have a list of our intended builds, but likely not until after beta. We do have some pretty iconic cars, and unfortunately probably won't have time or resources to package all of them with period tracks. I'm trying to see if I can license something appropriate to all historic cars (the home of a historic revival).

9. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Now you've done it Tim. It's going to be 'open the floodgates' on questions trying to get you to reveal to what you're referring:cool:

10. kuato

kuato Registered

Hi guys.

We've had a test version of the track in game for over a month, big thanks to Mario for converting the models with his script. It's pretty much a straight conversion, not optimized at all but still performance is considerably better than in rF1. The TDF bumps feel great in the new engine, shadows looks good (flickering is gone) and all the track cams work.

However, at this point there are no plans for a big visual overhaul and public release.

-Ed

11. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Good to hear Tim, historic cars are always welcome. Its a sure thing to build the basics first, the time therefor is a valuable investment.

Not so badly, he was vague enough ;)

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats Goodwood then....my local track, nice!

13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Kuato, is there a chance the track will be released at some point in the future? Maybe after the rF 2 beta period?

14. kuato

kuato Registered

Unfortunately right now we don't have a dedicated 3d artist on our team. Realroad and some of the other features can be added with clever scripting, but the work needed to update the visuals is beyond my skills.

We have the track in game and that was a big first step. If someone out there gets inpired and wants to help with the 3d, I'd be more than happy to get them the test track and max files. Otherwise, I don't see a release any time soon.

15. taufikp

taufikp Registered

There, 3D artists! Come on shows up and help Ed Kuato to complete this monster track! :D

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Tim had mentioned this awhile back on twitter. Yes I follow Tim on twitter.:p It was just a teaser as he has done in this thread. I'd be surprised if he goes into further detail. :D

17. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

At the Australian GP historics, we usually have a Porsche 906 ('Carrera 6') thundering about.

Hoping this is the car!

18. 88mphTim

Curious what I said. Was it the 'big company, small company' comment? I remember that one. It is pretty awesome how some licenses have happened.

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Feb.10

Scanning old magazine, technical drawings, etc as research for rFactor2 cars we've licensed to send them to the car builders. /tease

20. 88mphTim

Ah, that one :) yeah I'm pretty excited about them, but I dont think they'll be released until 2013.