FPS Drop in build 69

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Racinjon, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Racinjon

Racinjon Registered

I have updated through autoupdater and also installed the gt cars. I am now only getting 25 frames when sitting in the garage. The cars are now undriveable. I was getting 60-70 FPS when on track. Anyone else have this issue? My system is basically an i7 proc, 8gb ram, and AMD HD6850 video card. I also turned off HDR and fxaa and it did not change the FPS. Please help. Thanks.

Here are my settings that i was using:

View attachment 1605

View attachment 1606

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  2. Skyliner34

Skyliner34 Registered

How many AI drivers you have?
    In my system everything runs ok all max out with 9 AI drivers...
    If I put once more, then the game stutters and is unplayable.
    Try with none AI drivers to see if this change anything. :)

3. Racinjon

Racinjon Registered

Does not change. Thanks for suggestion. Highly disappointed in this build to go from 60+ frames to 25 with the these settings.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

What are your settings in CCC? Did you delete the plr? Plenty of help around if you do a little search first. ;)

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

The fact that turning AA off and on has no effect tells me somthings not right with your install , with the settings you have above i get 130fps with AA off, ATI 6970, I run AA at 8 and see 50-60 fps .. If it were me i would try uninstalling the game then make sure your drivers are up to date and reinstall .. sounds like somthings over rideing the gpx card or not seeing it .?? sorry idk but for sure somthings not right ther ..

6. Racinjon

Racinjon Registered

For some unrelated reason, I have not been able to access the CCC. Even after install of new drivers. I will check for most updated drivers and install them. I did not delete the plr. Could you explain why I should do that and how? Thanks!

7. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I think this is related to why your fps are so low ..

"My system is basically an i7 proc, 8gb ram, and AMD HD6850 video card"

How basically ? I mean is it a pre built store bought or did you piece it togeather ?
    Updating or installin g the ATI vid drivers should have placed an icon on your tool bar .
    If not , in start "search programs ans files" type CCC , it should find the CCC.exe if not then i would guess your vidcard drivers are not installed properly ... Im thinking your problum is your vid card not the game ..

hope this helps ..

8. Racinjon

Racinjon Registered

My system is a Dell, but I upgraded the ram, power supply and video card. The CCC issue has been going on for quite some time, even before my upgrades. I play Battlefield 3 with medium settings and get 50-60 frames with lots of action. BF3 is a very graphically intense game. I get 150-300frames in rFactor 1, of course it is Dx9 though. I have tried unistalling the video drivers and installing new ones, following instructions from a forum online, even using a program called driver sweeper, and still cannot get CCC to load. I think it is because it is a Dell and the have propietary BS in there systems. Anyway, still bummed that I lost 30 frames going to this build. Cannot play it anymore, hopefully a new build will fix this, keeping my fingers crossed!

9. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Try switching "Visible Vehicles" to a much lower number, like 6 or 8 and see if that helps..

10. taufikp

taufikp Registered

rF2 is using DirectX 9.0 too. Running rF2 (or any graphic intensive 3D apps) with no anti-aliasing should boost its performance. You may try third party software such as RadeonPro or ATI Tray Tools as CCC replacement. But I guess it's better to fix your system first. Also check for updates (Windows, ATI drivers, etc) regularly.