About cockpit view settings URGENT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RafBR, Mar 18, 2012.

1. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Hi,
    The seat position controls are OK! ...but I really want to control the height of the cockpit cam taget!!!
    I dont want to see the bottom of windshield, or at least I want to see it AND the top of it too.
    The Idea was always to make my monitor act like the proper windwield...

Hope someone understands me :D

regards!

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Go to Control Settings, and set a key to control seat's Up and Down position. I'm not at my gaming PC right now, can't remember the exact name, but they're definitely in Control Settings and has 'Seat' word in it.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I hear you RafBR.
    After trying the GT car ISI released I find the seat adjustments don't lift the seat high enough.
    I have triple screens using a low FOV and the dash appears in the bottom 1/4 of the screen.
    I feel like one of those young fools, with the mandatory cap on backwards, you see in the traffic with their seat laid back cause they think it's 'cool'.
    I don't want to see the dash, I want to see out the windscreen.

vegaguy5555 and Birgitt like this.
  4. Bart S

Bart S Member

Ah you have those burberry wearing fools in your country too ADSTA, we call them chaves here in England, they are semi drug dealers semi wannabee drug dealers with the patented tartan cap backward action going on and they look like they got the driver seat replaced by a lazy boy armchair.
    EDIT: hey rafBR fellow xsimer just noticed I recognise the name, love your rig dude it has nice lines.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I actually call them f$#@ing wankers, I was just trying to be polite.

Hopefully the seat adjustment in the GT car is just a beta thing. Nudge nudge wink wink.

vegaguy5555 and bwana like this.
  6. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Yeah, the windshield! I wouldnt say we need further higher seat (would help of course, and simpler to fix) but the TARGET or the LOOK AT point Higher.
    Where are you Mighty Master programmer? I need your help!
    :D

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Ah I see... I'm using FTNoIR, so I could position myself physically up/down/forward/backward/left/right and the head cam will follow. That's also why I found it strange that you said you looked at the dash instead of windshield, because it doesn't happen to me. My bad. I'll try later to drive GT cars without FTNoIR.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Sorry I am late. Hardware failure..

You want the Orientation offset moved so that the horizon is lower. Like this..

[​IMG]

Unfortunately you cannot adjust this in rF2 like you can in rF1 within the cam files. Instead you need to do one of two things.. Bind "freelook" to a key and when you press it you can pan up with the mouse or an assigned look up key and the camera will stay there (until you move your mouse by mistake) OR if you have a settable analog joystick throttle you can bind look up to that slide it up and down to tilt the camera. I am using the latter and it works quite well but is still very hacky.

Check out the FOV thread in my sig for more instructions.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Finally I tried the Nissans without FTNoIR, and yes, the head cam seems to be very low. All I see is the dashboard. I had to move the seat position up until I can see past the dashboard comfortably. I'm using 30 FOV (rF2's FOV can be set as low as 20) by the way.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  10. Marcos Orallo

Marcos Orallo Registered

If you see too much dashboard its probably because you are looking down, not because you are too low.

You can use RealHeadMotion plugin by magicfr to adjust camera pitch offset (lower the horizon line as ZeosPantera said). It's the main reason I use it, but it also has many other nice options to configure headmotion.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3743-Real-Head-Motion-Plugin-1-0

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  11. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Well, I wasn't aware about this problem, because I'm using FaceTrackNoIR every time I play rF2. With it I can position myself physically to adjust the in-game head camera, hence no 'looking down' issue for me. But if Real Head Motion plugin could fix it, that's great news!

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

the lack of big seat movements was mentioned ages ago andf someone from ISI acknowledged the thread, cant remember what they said exactly but it was laong the lines of allowing more movement....which I hav'nt seen yet.

13. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Each modder can now (in rF 2) define range for seat positions in all 4 directions (fore/aft and up/down).

HDV file, "Controls" section, you have:
    SeatRangeLongitudinal=(-0.2, 0.1) // Eyepoint camera longitudinal adjustment range
    SeatRangeVertical=(-0.05, 0.15) // Eyepoint camera vertical adjustment range

The values are for one of my cars and they mean, that from baseline seat position you can move it:
    - 20cm forward (200 "clicks"),
    - 10cm backward (100 "clicks"),
    - 5cm down (50 "clicks"),
    - 15cm up (150 "clicks").

14. RafBR

RafBR Registered

That´s it...
    And I will try it aswell, thanks!

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

what's the exact setting in the ini and what do you use for it that makes it comfortable for you? I can't seem to see the setting you mention (camera pitch offset).

16. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Yes, I switched from -5 (default) to 15 and is way better now :D

Edit: I still have to say that whait for 10 sec for the plugin take place have to be only a temporary solution, right?

Is there already a thread in the Wish Lists Sub-Forum for the addition of pitch control in head camera?

regards,
    rafael.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  17. Marcos Orallo

Marcos Orallo Registered

The setting you have to change is
    Code:
    PitchDefault			=	-5		//--- Align's pitch in the car
    I use +10, but you should set it according to the height of your monitors, so that the horizon is at the same height than your eyes.

About the 10 second waiting time before the view correction, I think it's how rFactor2 manages plugins.

If ISI implements this settings in the engine itself, there would be no waiting. +1 for the post in the WishList section

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I will post this since I made it for ISI to use as a template in the view setup of rF2.. They didn't implement any of it. I was lucky enough to convince them to let the FOV go down to 20 or it may have stayed at 35.

[​IMG]

The Eye level slider is what would control the default head tilt.

softslider likes this.
  19. taufikp

taufikp Registered

ZP, I really appreciate your suggested Point of View UI. No doubt it will bring rFactor 2 way ahead than any other competitor. For me, the Eye Level UI is the most interesting since I don't use multi monitor, only one 32" widescreen. Thank you for posting this in rF2 forum. :)

20. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

+1

Horizon/eye level should be consistent across all cars as well. Not annoying to adjust (if and when we can adjust it), it just seems a bit unprofessional looking.