RealFeel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimcarrel, Mar 17, 2012.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Does this work in rF2? Has anyone tried it and it works as expected?

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Great thing about rF2 is that we don't need it :)

3. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

We have improved the FFB so that we dont need Realfeel. Realfeel is a great plugin for rF1 that has improved the FFB for rF1 a lot. But the FFB of rF2 is more attached to it´s physicengine and if you ask me, it´s awesome!

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1

5. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

No need for "real feel"...FFB is spot on here.

6. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

Agreed!

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Seems to be 5 convincing assertions. I won't worry about real feel.

I am satisfied with ffb as it is anyway, just thought I might be missing something.

Thanks for the input.

8. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1

9. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

one of the most impressive things I've noticed is the force feedback on side force on the tire. you can really feel when you've gone too far or when the tire is scraping or hopping. I've been up on two wheels a few times and it feels great on the feeback.

10. magicfr

magicfr Registered

+1
    There's a lot of thing where iRacing is better than rFactor2 ( performance,tracks,UI, Netcode ).
    But the Physics,Tire model and FFB is so close to the real thing that I didn't touch iRacing since rf2 beta is out.

11. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

It could be due to my Logitech Momo (the black one), but I am not convinced of the great FFB.
    I can imagine that I could feel more detail with a G25 for example, but even the basics feel weird for me. I find myself driving more on sight than on feel from FFB.
    I've had great experiences with rF1 and RealFeel, especially with Game Stock Cars (which also uses RealFeel). I could really feel weight transfer, over- and understeer.
    This is how I experience rF2: the 60's cars and the new GT's are OK. Weight transfer feels good in fast corners, but I cannot feel oversteer.
    Formula 3.5 is the worst. I cannot feel oversteer, so I have to totally rely on view. The FFB feels very loose in the center, sometimes I doubt if it is inverted, just like I remember using RealFeel with rF1-mods which weren't designed for RealFeel. I feel some forces in the wheel, but not always in the right direction.

Anyone else experiencing this or having any tips?

Thanks in advance.

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Without doubt it's the best FFB in any sim now. Never thought NetKar could be bettered but it has.

13. taufikp

taufikp Registered

FFB in rF2 is by far better than any other racing simulation out there. I'm using Logitech Momo as well and I'm very happy. :)

14. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hmm, strange. Any particular settings? What settings do you use in the logitech profiler?
    The only ingame setting is the FFB-multiplier, but are there any other important settings in the .plr file or so?

15. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

I haven't tried rF1 or GSC since the rF2-beta came out, so I'll have a try with those to check if my wheel's still ok.

16. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

FBB in rf2 in overral is very good, in Historical open wheel cars and rTrainer FFB is in my opinion the best from all sims, better than in NTM iRacing and Nkpro.

In both Nissans also is very good but I think not so good like in rTrainer and Hist OW.

Megane has not so bad FFB but it's not so impressive and the FR 3.5 has definitely something wrong with FFB, open wheel cars in Nkpro I can feel much better.
    Especially in tight low speed corners when tires lose grip FFB in FR 3.5 is very strange.

So it depends on car for me :)
    Like I said, FFB in overall is very very good but I hope ISI will improve it in some areas :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  17. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

The bad thing about the rF2 FFB is that it spoils the driving experience with the rest of the names (iRacing, Cars,etc)

18. MKD

MKD Registered

FFB is excellent, as others have said, Iracing is neglected now, and I really hope that trend continues!

19. taufikp

taufikp Registered

This is my setting from control panel, not Logitech profiler, I don't use Logitech profiler for my Momo
    - Combined Axis not checked
    - Enable FFB checked
    - Overall Effects strength 70%
    - Spring Effects strength 70%
    - Damper Effect strength 70%
    - Enable Centering spring not checked
    - Centering Spring strength 0%
    - Allow Game to adjust settings checked

I didn't make any change in .PLR file. The only thing I used to change in game is the FFB multiplier. Since build 60 I don't need to change it anymore, since the effects is not that strong in later builds.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Yes, I quit making changes to .plr file.
    My overall effects are 107% (from use in nascar 2003).
    Spring effects=0%
    Damper=0%
    Enable Centering spring checked
    Centering Spring strength=0%

In the builds prior to 60 I used 80 ffb in game, now I dont mess with it, all cars stay at 100.

I asked about real feel because I thought maybe it would make rF2 ffb even "sweeter".

I use DFGT wheel, and I'm perfectly happy with it.

GSC uses its own real feel and it is about as good as rF2. SimRacway is a very close 3rd (with real feel). I'm beginning to think that rF2 is even a step above ffb in Netkar Pro.