Impression on rFactor 2 Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Mar 17, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

This is what I got after running 25 laps in Sepang
    Using 1960 F3 vehicles only
    The time of race is 10am
    Using 6 AI, all using F3 as well
    ALL Graphic details on Max.
    Screen res is 1280x800
    Driver's AA and AF settings are set to Application

- HDR effect is much better now, much softer to my eyes
    - FXAA anti-aliasing level 3 also reducing aliasing better now
    - min FPS is 23, max FPS is 67
    - I don't see any stutters yet
    - GPU utilization is from 66% - 99% (I'm using ATI Tray Tools to see it), I'm using ATI HD5770
    - FaceTrackNoIR works really well
    - Sun occlusion effect, haven't seen it yet! Why?

So far so good. Two thumbs up! b(^.^)d

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Registered

after every update i lost 10% performance,what comes next,must i buy a new kepler 680gtx for this?
    i give up.

3. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

that sux Tom... from what I see of your system a 560ti should be doing pretty good. although I'm not familiar with AMD's and don't know what processor you have or what it's good for. I do notice you only have 4 gigs of ram. Ram is really really cheap right now and you'd be doing yourself a favor to stock up now. and it might just help the load on your system while running rF2.

also maybe you should start your own thread and we could work on what your settings are and what your system has running and whether you're getting fps issues on certain tracks or in certain situations. my own system ranges from 200fps at everything off to 8fps with everything on. but there is always a happy medium. maybe we can find yours.

right now I think I'm doing fairly well with the new 296.10 nVidia driver and the 1.042 version.

4. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Registered

thx for helping Kristoff,but bevore i update the game runs very well with the 60's in spa and 10 AI driver,i have a lot of fun with it but now with build 68/69 i lost much performance.
    with build 60 i have constant 60fps,vsync on in nvidea driveroptions and ingame options maxed out exept environment refections and hdr on.
    now with 68/69 i must set the shadows from max to mid and this is not enough for 60 fps.
    in start grid with 8 AI for me and 2 behind me i have 10fps!

lost my fun with boring tweaking and searching,i know its a beta but why decrease the performance with every update?

5. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Tom, your processor and RAM is not that much different with mine. However, I didn't install build 68 at all, since yesterday there were so many bugs reported. Today I just went straight from build 60 to 69.

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I have build 68 and It runs perfectly. I'm using the previous Nvidia drivers and I had alot of problems with the previous build, it was unplayable on my comp.

7. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Wish I could help. My cpu is only running 3 ghz. I just installed a 560Ti with 2 gb vram. I'm running 1920x1080, AA=level4, AFx16, shadows=high, no sync, everything else maxxed except no blur or wind effects. In practice day with 25 ai it's silky smooth, fps never goes below the 40's and usually sits around 70's to 90's.

Don't want to sound redundant but have you tried the latest whql drivers 296.10?

Any chance your cpu isnt working as well at 4 ghz as you think it is? I know in the past some of my rigs were perectly fine with my OC with pretty much anything I threw at them yet 1 or 2 games or programs would be wonky.

8. kmw

kmw Registered

Difficult to pinpoint the effects of build 69 for me. The handling of the cars seems to have changed, for the better, with the F3.5s it may be because of the additional downforce upgrades? It is not tending to 'snap'oversteer now.
    But the FFB seems less noticable on the track surface? It is less bumpy off track, and seems to be an improvement, but I don't feel any steering vibration on straights, and not enough opposing force as I would expect when cornering, don't know if others feel this too.
    Graphics wise, it is overall still extremely stuttery, and yet I have reasonable framerates around 80 to 100fps. This is with 19AI, 20 cars visible and low to medium settings on most graphics. I keep the settings the same for all builds, and have not added any non-ISI mods.
    So for me at the moment, it still feels like a superb base to work from, but still very unplayable for me due to the stuttering.
    Keep up the good work ISI, I'm stillg etting plenty of milage from rF1, and look forward to this taking over eventually! :)

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think the contact patch is not increasing in corners for the Renault 3.5.

10. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Registered

yes,my cpu works well with overclocking from 3 to 4 ghz and without increase the voltage since 2 years (lucky black edition).when i set the clock to default decrease the fps rate in rf2.

the problem with the gmotor engine are the shadows also in rf1.when i set in rf2 the shadows to low i have without vsync 70-120 fps in a full starting grid with 20 AI's in front.i really hope the devs can handle the shadow problem but cant believe it,except they change the hole engine. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  11. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

actually that's true for me too... I run shadows at low or it's an FPS killer. shadow blur off.

12. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I have a tip to share. Turn "sync" to none, and turn on v-sync in your GPUs control panels. I was absolutely capped to around 40fps until i did this, now i get 60fps constantm which means i'm probably getting well over 60 if i turned of v-sync. There is something seriously wrong with sync at the moment with AMD cards.

13. Tom Morgan

Tom Morgan Registered

@Duvel,

go to your *.plr file and set the "Max Framerate="00.00000" to "Max Framerate="60.00000" if youre screen has 60hz and set vsync in game launcher to video or overwrite it with youre driveroptions.

now after a few laps online its for me devinitly done,huge lags when player join so i lost the control of my car,slowdowns and stutterings with constant 60fps.
    after 8 weeks back to iracings spa and i forgot how smooth this game runs.

14. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

i have updated but i dont see the gt cars and cant join servers?

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

what i am saying is that the sync options totally killed my frame rate when it shouldn't be. If i chose sync: GPU. i get BSOD after a few minutes, in "software" i get 40fps.

For me, turning off the sync options for the actual game and doing it in CCC gives me big performance gains and maxed out at 60fps. Just worth trying for those having issues.

16. Duvel

Duvel Registered

did you actually download the gt mod? it's a separate mod, doesn't come in the update.

17. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

would be nice to have link to that in the update page u got it?
    also im having problem with a new plugin i just bought on android

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

19. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

ive installed this on my android tablet...... but it wont start picking up on revs etc...
    http://www.sensadigit.com/

i have followed the instructions .... weird thing happening in game up top left a PLUG IN type picture shows in red ....

any ideas

20. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

got this working but there is serious lag ,, stuttering going on is this bcos of beta or what? its unusable tbh and i paid 4£ for it