The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Have you tried letting the sun go down further like it is in the screen from 3 weeks ago. The one with the longer shadow has a lower sun, the one with the shorter one has a higher one and should look flatter and more bleached out?

2. 88mphTim

And I'm not arguing - we are adjusting graphics engine - but you said same time of day and I can see it isn't. That's all. :)

3. 88mphTim

Links fixed for full installer.

4. Pits

Pits Registered

Tim Wheatley "this is what we're supposed to be doing, no?"
    This is good to hear.

I was wondering if the graphics were a continual work in motion, I read the latest update had nothing to do with graphics, that made me wonder why I was getting an extra 2 frames but no work done on it, since it's the only thing I care about it's the only thing I look at with each update, because it's the only thing that slows me down.

My wish list

At least double more frames (so I can have the option of putting on the other two screens as is my want)
    Something done with the external sounds (not a helpful statement I know)
    Rain on the windscreen (in the promo that did look amazing)

A BIG must (say it with caps and it means a lot of course :) )
    For us who can't setup a car I have a formula in RF1 in BASIC setup that works just using the sliders, I see no "BASIC" in RF2 and this really hurts.

To be picky
    The tires look like that old microsoft F1 sim from 10 years ago, more like a balloon and since I look at them a lot it matters (it looks like just a texture fix to my uninformed view)
    The heat shimmer is just weird and to much
    Track and field contrast is to "milky" looking
    After seeing "another sim" the shadows could be a lot better

What I enjoy

The driving experience is just brilliant, there is indeed a "WoW" factor in the old F3, F2's plus there is the "big scary" in the old F1's.
    Racing with others works better than RF1, there is far more involvement in the driving experience.

It is a great sim but I honestly think another year in development before a beta would have painted a better picture imo.
    I would have easily waited.

Those two pictures were dishonest but I do wonder to increase frames for now the easy way is to cut down on "the look" personally I think it's a good idea to do it at the dev side not game options, for us not so computer orientated people.

5. BasJon

BasJon Registered

I will talk to my clan mate tomorrow as he found a fix for the windows, we released our own custom megane mod all tracks named "IsR Custom" it has the all the tracks that people have released aswell as the default ones and we have 16 car skins in there and none have the window bug :)

6. BasJon

BasJon Registered

yes I got the same but then I checked in settings and saw an option now for Enviroment Reflection with that turned on the cars are nice and glossy but its a big fps hitter.

7. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Tim I would like to ask will there be a fix for the constant fps going up and down so much, I have never had any other game that goes from 60 fps to 240 in the same one minute of time, surely the fps should change by a max of about 30 ish either way. And can I ask for one thing on the next update please change the volume pitch of the announcer at start of races and joining the server its far too loud was the same in rf1 I deleted the file in last game.

8. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

At it´s current beta stage, there are up and downs depending on the code. ISI is aware of that and try´s to improve it on every build.

9. FraG

FraG Registered

It is complete madness what is now required just to play the megane mod with other tracks imo. Why have ISI designed it this way? Is it going to be fixed? Nobody is going to be playing rf2 custom tracks unless they perform the overcomplicated tasks of installing such packages as ISR's to force other tracks to work with the mod... Totally confusing and ridiculous!

10. 88mphTim

That would be good. Nobody in ISI except me can reproduce, and my skins work perfect for them. Please mail to timw@imagespaceinc.com with info of you want, or PM.

11. 88mphTim

It was felt the upside outweighed the downside. But we appreciate you posting to voice your view on it.

12. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Just like to reiterate the clumsiness of the series/cars/tracks interface. Now, with 6 or 8 tracks, and 20 or so vehicles, thumbing through that rolodex interface is becoming a real pain.

This isn't Shift or Dirt or any of those other "games", and I believe simracers here want a logical straightforward way to find the series, car, or track they want in the fewest steps.

What was wrong with the folder style structure in rF1? Please don't fix what isn't broken.

13. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

No Tim & ISI, thank YOU :)
    It sooo cool to have invested in "lifetime" and be involved with rF2 Beta.
    CheerZ!

14. Mulero

Mulero Registered

+1

Took a week trying to create a server with the Megane and Mid-Ohio and I have not yet achieved. And if one day make it, so I will be worth if you can not get anyone?

This system does not work and is very complicated to use. Can have very many good things but they are more disadvantages than advantages.

A simple solution to this problem would be possible to create a server to handle the series All Cars & Tracks. We could easily create a game with the car we wanted in any circuit. Anyone could enter the server to have the components installed and would be perfectly compatible with the Mod ID system.

15. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

I think that one problem is with some people that they really can't understand what beta phase means as you buy it, they truly seem to believe that it would work without any trouble because you paid real money for it.
    I think it still works much better then some games that have been released in the last 6 months.:eek:

I'm not using any new plugins by modders and have always removed the .plr file before updates.

As for b.69, it works very good on my spec pc, b.68 was terrible.
    - Autoupdate went as it should without any problems.
    - 1680x1050 with almost max settings, shadows low and no hdr, 10 cars on any track any series, average fps is 90 and very smooth.
    - Nvidia 295.73beta driver in use but still getting blue screen on boot up sometimes. 296.10 gave a lot of blue screen at boot up.
    - Sounds are better then any other racing game i've played, still Endurance Series SP2 GT cars for RF1 rock!
    - AI has improved also, not seeing repeating crashing in same corners by AI if i restart the race and there not banging my behind like in RF1.
    - Text is still overlapping each other and making it hard to read, lap times, sector times, team/car names, laps and positions in pit window, i'll try to post a picture of this problem so you may understand this problem better.

Keep up the great work!
    GO JENSON GO!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  16. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

+1

I think that there are allready modders that have changed it for there mod packs they are creating, just waiting for some of them to release it!!!

17. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Exactly, the interface is customisable and we're very early in the beta process....people need to chill out and stop looking for problems.

18. Rikki

Rikki Registered

Video showing warping/stuttering (most obvious with last car to pass):
    https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1fbbd6cfbb8373b1#cid=1FBBD6CFBB8373B1&id=1FBBD6CFBB8373B1!133

[Update]
    Turned out it I was totally to blame. My laptop has 4 powerscheme's and it was running on "quiet office" instead of "high performance". After correcting no more warping/stuttering!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  19. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Wow! That's pretty serious problem! :O

20. BYF

BYF Registered

Just auto updated to build 69, but no new content has been added e.g the Nissans. I've now read this has to be downloaded separately and installed manually, it's been a while since I did this and I forgot.

I would much prefer if new ISI cars/tracks content is installed as part of the auto-update and new build so the whole process is streamlined amd integrated.