The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. xfennec

xfennec Registered

Does anyone had a modified FOV with GT mod (at least for cockpit view) ? It ruins speed feeling, and I can't even see the mirrors. (rev69)

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

From 68 to 69 you had a decrease, even though there were no changes to anything in driving used code?

3. 88mphTim

Login on first tab, click update on update tab?

4. CRex

CRex Registered

I read that tire scrub sounds are now back for the 60's F2/F3 cars. I installed the fix posted here a while ago and now I'm stuck with that inferior sound it seems. How do I get rid of those? I did a reinstall of the whole game but no luck.

5. aidylad

aidylad Registered

Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong but my game won't update at all. This is the first update I have attempted.

First I opened the launcher/update tab/clicked "check for updates."
    Got a message saying "Remote update found. Click the below button to begin download."
    Clicked "Download update."
    Progress bar went straight to 100% in a blink of an eye, with 0kb received.

So instead I downloaded build 60>69 update via torrent and placed it in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\rFactor2\Updates. Then checked for updates again and got the "Remote update found.Click the below button to begin download." Clicked download update and the same thing happened, Progress bar went straight to 100% in a blink of an eye, with 0kb received.

What am I doing wrong?

Never mind. Just realized I needed build 49>60 first.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  6. matt2507

matt2507 Registered

http link for "BUILD 69 FULL INSTALLER" down

7. Skyliner34

Skyliner34 Registered

Please reupload the full installer for build 69, as using the updates (from build 49 with "rF2Up_B49-B60_Not_50" plus "rF2_v1029-v1042_60-69") makes the game unplayable and unstable...
    ...Or if there is a way to revert back to build 49 as it runs with no problems at all.

Thanks in advance. :)

8. gniewko

gniewko Registered

vracingDisplay works in the 69 build. Thank you ISI!

9. MrDouf

MrDouf Registered

Thanks ISI for the update 69! Very smooth so far.

Built 68 was freezing as soon as I was entering the in-car pit from the menu.
    Now the fun will continue... ...and the debugging is all part of it.

Keep on the good work you guys!

MrDouf

10. Hekkel

Hekkel Registered

I thought i try rfactor 2 today , but as you already know it's not possible to download the installer.
    Will it be fixed today or do i have to wait till monday?

11. Rikki

Rikki Registered

With 69 I don't have stuttering issues anymore. But now the ai cars seems to suffer from warping. I'm not sure how to describe it but only the cars seem to (extreme) stutter, like with a refresh of 1 fps. Also the cars seems to go back and forth a few meters at the time. The rest of the objects (track, player car, etc) are stutter free. And this only happens when I'm driving the car. And only if the other cars are near, the further away, less warping. If I let AI race all the cars then no warping. With vsync on far less warping but still noticeable. I'm on latest nvidia drivers.

12. aidylad

aidylad Registered

I've just updated to build 60 and have a problem. The update went fine but when I went to single player it said "no mod files or installed mods found". So I opened mod manager and noticed that all 3 mods were now uninstalled. So I right clicked and installed each one again but still when I go to single player I get the same error message. Are these mods supposed to uninstall themselves when updating??

13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I have question to ISI.

My track looks different with new build. It looks like specularity is much lower in new build and scene looks more flat.

The same time of day, same HDR profile, same textures.

What is the reason for that my track looks different? It has something to do with HDR or with something else?

1. shot taken 3 weeks ago
    2. new build

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. krulkrul

krulkrul Registered

View attachment 1595
    View attachment 1596

The car is shining even without light. Is this a known issue?

For example the new GT cars at night became white an almost you can't see the skin.

Another night related bug/problem, is that the light beam is very very short and you can't see nothing further than 5 meters.

Is this only happening to me or is a work in progress for now?

15. peester

peester Registered

Hi all. Newbie first post; just my two pence worth:
    I downloaded the original build 49 weeks ago, but backed-out of installing it when i heard the ati cards were having issues.
    But when i saw that build 69 seems to have graphical benefits i thought now's the best, earliest time..
    So without realising there was a straight to build 69 download, (released that very day, unsure if it was literally hours/minutes before /after) i did the complete purchase/downloads/updates for rfactor2 yesterday, from installing the 49 build version ive had a few weeks to updates to 50 through to what must have been 68. I kinda got lost in all the new-ness of the game and programs and build numbers and rmods but i did it until the installer told me i had the latest version.
    So i ran the game for a few hours with no issues, great frame rates on my ati card, g25 wheel - all super. Later that evening logging back in having another go i'de lost the opponent cars; on track but not visible. (in options its set at showing 25, which worked ok before.)
    So i tried the installer/updater and there was another newer version, must have been build 69. So i installed that; but then in game again - no change, for me, from the previous build i ran for a few hours earlier that evening. Great frame rates etc, but stil no visible cars. Still set at 25. If anything i also noticed the shadows under the cars weren't as good as before, disappearing often. Then using the GT (nissan GTR/370z) rmod - i managed to bump the wall at Malaysia f1 circuit @ around 40mph and the car tossed unrealistically high into the sky over the wall into in field scenery.
    So i was a lil happier with build 59 as it turns out , thus far lol.
    But goes without saying the game has a great potential feeling.

16. lutel

lutel Registered

For God's sake, somebody please upload full version of 69. How come development of R2 takes so long and the code is so poor in terms of performance? Graphics looks like from 8 years ago yet with unplayable framerate. Somebody needs decent training on GPU programming.

17. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

Could you please put in the next update a adjustable volume for the rain? It´s annoying that you almost can´t hear the cars engine inside and outside when raining. Thanx for that in advance

18. 88mphTim

Your camera location is different. Look at the track surface which can be seen in both and you still see the same texture. It does look different in many areas though, but yes, we are changing the graphics engine from build to build, this is what we're supposed to be doing, no?

edit - your time of day is different. Look at the shadow from the light pole.

19. 88mphTim

Because that's how software development works, and because that's how software development works in beta stage.

I'm uploading 69 full to another server now. I don't know what happened with Gjon's mediafire link.

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Thanks Tim but I was asking only about the technical details so that I could locate my problem and continue with track progress.