The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Spotter does talking, no, whispering is more appropriate ;) and atm only reporting lap time
    Wind speed effect is not implemented yet
    Clio is the safety car, I can always see it in Sepang

The fourth question could be answered better by modding teams here
    The fifth question has been answered by CS

2. HemiR

HemiR Registered

Not a good day.
    updated to 68, rfactor2 ran once got good frame rate, but still ran poorly.
    Updated to 69, lost 60fps, ran once, loaded different track abd it turns off all the monitors.
    Turn off hdr and fxaa and it ran for a few laps and locked up.
    Through the towel in and went and drove Pcars instead.

3. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Hi Chris, ya we've raced together,
    "Kills" I guess is an American term for, WTF, I can't see what I'm supposed to see in the mirrors after repositioning the seat and/or the FOV.
    rF1 had the option. (MMIIRROORR MMIIRROORR MMIIRROORR)
    Plus I had and often used the available cam files to help in this matter along with adjusting the horizon.
    Maybe these items are coming and I certainly take the beta seriously and patiently.
    But to be comfy in the car, these are things that I like to adjust first.
    I know I can assaign seat adj keys and FOV but I'm missing the mirror adjustments.
    Hence, my inquiry.
    I just don't want to screw with the PLR and CTLR files too much during the beta.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  4. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Hi, Kiro. Yes, we've raced many times before, and I certainly remember you.

That option (mirror mirror mirror) was the aiming option, and it did affect both side mirrors at the same time (and as a pair).

Much nicer now that we can aim each one individually, IMO (even if only because that's pretty much how we would have to do it in real life*).

[* WINK-type mirror being the exception, I think, because I believe you could (with those) adjust the overall "spread" between the indivual panes using a tool/knob at one end (something like a brake-bias adjuster--a screw-type knob)]

-----

I confess I wasn't sure what you meant, as "KILLS" could also mean that the entire mirror went blank, of course, and you toggle through THOSE options in rF1 (and I think rF2) also using one of the number keys (by default). Think it's #3...but in any case you can freely assign any key or button as you see fit as a general rule.

IMO it can be a good idea to UN-assign quite a few keys and buttons too...

...simply so you don't accidently turn things on or off at inconvenient moments. I did that in rF1 with my "plugins" toggle--put it in a place where it was very hard to hit by accident.

You have to have all your FFB suddenly disappear on you (because you accidently toggled "RealFeel" off) to appreciate why this might be a good idea...

...but since you've already been around a long time yourself, I imagine you already know this...so I'm "preaching to the choir" about this too. LOL!

---

FWIW, I do much the same myself: I'm careful about getting the horizon ON the horizon (that is to say: "at eye level" if at all possible; I try to measure and adjust both seat position and FOV too to reflect reality (edging, generally, toward going back with the seat and upward with the eye-position, as I usually need to do both in real-life as well (I stand about 76" tall).

Even with things like 3D, given a choice I would calibrate the two viewpoints as accurately as I were able to (distance between the eyes, that is).

Wanting to "see" things from the car as I really would in real life was the single biggest reason to drive with a projector...and even though I'm still not quite tweaked to exact "lifesize" even now, I'm sure I'm pretty close.

CS

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  5. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

This image is supposed to be overcast. (Build 69) I seem to have way too much brightness and am unable to control or change it.
    View attachment 1589
    Any ideas what may be happening?

6. Lowryda

Lowryda Registered

since the update i hear no sound from the spotter anymore, im so missed the spotter talking some middle east languages but great update so far. loving rf2 even more
    edit: the voice can only be hear on the setup screen, or maybe it works without problem

7. Christopher Snow

I'm going to walk out on a limb and assume you are seeing wet conditions on the track...

...and therefore just assume it should be overcast?

I'll speculate further that what you are actually seeing a representation of is just a smaller, brief rain squall that is either ending...or perhaps just beginning.

FWIW, I have noted myself too the lack of real, DEEPLY inclement weather...true low hanging overcast. The sort of soggy conditions that turned the 1970 24 hours of Le Mans into almost a "power-boat" race...

...and I hope we'll get there sometime down the road.

But I haven't seen that yet either.

CS

8. wpthayer

wpthayer Registered

This happens only through the Megane windscreen so the Megane windshield must have changed with 69.
    Only thing I can think of.
    View attachment 1590 View attachment 1591

Exactly the same settings.....

9. Christopher Snow

Wow! Yeah, quite different.

ISI? Heya? This sure does look like a bug!

CS

10. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

No! The Megan has windshield, the formel car hasn`t got one.

11. taufikp

taufikp Registered

So, that's another bug of Megane's windshield then? First, they had blue-orange-ish sun glare, well its gone now, but introducing another: a bright white sun glare?

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Probably linked to the glass headlight issue we knew about, but I hadn't seen it mentioned in connection with windshield, I'll confirm...

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm still in 49 build currently, how do I update?

Edit

Nevermind, I found 49->60 update, the thread was just unpinned.

14. Will Fly

Will Fly Registered

i updated but never got the new cars,should i get the new cars with this update

or should the cars be manually installed

and how do i check that the correct update has been installed

15. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Will Fly, the Nissan GT mod can be downloaded from post with the word 'Download Installer, ISI cars & tracks, Templates' as the title. This post is also made sticky and locked by forum admin.

16. lutel

lutel Registered

Link for full package 69 is broken. Could you please fix it?

17. Toonces

Toonces Registered

I'm still getting a frame rate that would shame a magic lantern show. Updated to the latest nVidia drivers (296.10) and tweaked some settings (like NO shadows) but it's still unraceable with a field of three. (Was fine pre-b68, and with rF1, GSC, GTR2, pCARS, etc.)

18. McNolo

McNolo Registered

My problem is solved, I missing put the update 68-69.

Thanks.

19. SeKa

SeKa Registered

Thanks for quick reaction ISI!

Without probs with 0.68 now on the road again with 0.69, also on servers. Just GT Worls Endurance decreased fps a lot...

20. djt

djt Registered

I noticed the same thing; the link’s been broken since I tried to download it last night. All you get is an “Invalid or Deleted File” error message from MediaFire.