The second update - Build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hi folks,

Thanks again for being testers. :)

Here is my post on the previous update, if you wanted to read that first.

Build 69 is available on the auto updater. Bit of a stress test for that updater. ;)

If you wish to download and install manually, the update is available here. You will also notice a torrent for the GT rfmod in the same place.

The GT mod has some known issues, mostly graphical, none of which affect what we need testing, so we have released it as-is and will tidy up soon with an update.

Also note that we have now posted a FULL INSTALLER which puts you straight to build 69 with no further updates. Now that we have reached a more stable position we think it's better than making people install build 49 and update many times. You obviously should uninstall any previous build before using this.

Fresh bug reports forums have been put up with the older ones again placed in a sub forum of those forums.

Thanks,

Tim

2. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

I must say... with TrackIR working, the excellent handling and force feedback, the auto-updating feature, and the responsiveness of ISI to their customers feedback, rFactor2 is now my favorite driving sim ever. And it's only in beta!

One small favor.. It would be nice to see the file size in the updater, if that is possible.

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

This is a quick reaction from ISI.

Thanks!

4. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

Excellent turn around on a fix before the weekend. Will put the Nissan through Palm Coast with friends online.

5. FraG

FraG Registered

I think public testing is a great way to test in large scale scenarios, everyone has slightly different pc builds and software configurations so doing all those tests in-house is almost impossible. But I think ISI do need to have quite a lot of the testing done in-house, especially when your just testing the basic functionality after a new build is released. When you open up testing to the entire public you can end up with collective nonsense (no disrespect to any testers) the data has no meaning, because to resolve bugs you need very detailed information about the systems setup, or you can just end up constantly chasing your own tail. Many bugs are being reported without the additional information required, so you have to wonder if the bug report is actually a bug or not, it could be anything causing the bug, perhaps not even related to the game. I imagine ISI find it incredibly difficult to solve bugs purely for this reason.

I think not all of the customers will have good technical knowledge, and perhaps not aware of the help in these forums, your average Joe will purchase it with their hard earned cash and expect it to work on some level. If it doesn't then your in danger of loosing that customer indefinitely, not to mention bad press, there will be some (competitors) who would have a field day cursing the product for their own end if it does not function.

Maybe you could create a select group of initial testers, simply to iron out the major bugs with software (provided by ISI) which could scan the entire system configurations to accompany the bug in a detailed report...

Food for thought I hope.

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Tim will you give us a hint when it is necessary to build a new .plr file?

7. 88mphTim

We have internal testers. Sometimes things just don't surface until they hit that wider audience.

8. Laurent Cortier

Laurent Cortier Registered

While I'm deeply in love with rF2 as it is, I still have an issue with the autoupdater. It just won't download anything and always says I have the latest version.

But when I copy the new builds in the Update directory, and click on Check For Updates, it works perfectly.

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Thanks Tim and the rest of ISI offcourse. The update works perfectly, and all servers are back up again. Now its time to do some catching up on the tracks again :) Have been on the fora way to long the last 24 hours :p

10. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

This is going to be a great weekend, f1 and new Rfactor 2 build, Happy happy days. Now to put my wheel on for the weekend i guess

Thanks tim and the team!

have a great weekend!

11. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

do you have to have build 68 as well?? or can you just update from 60 to 69?

12. varel

varel Registered

For me the auto updater didn't work either. Did manual install. Otherwise perfect update. My fps is much better.

13. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I auto updated and it seems ok here... DLing the GT cars now ;)!

14. 88mphTim

If using the auto updater, just update until it says you're up to date.
    If doing it manually, just download the 60>69 update we posted.

15. 88mphTim

Curious, are you logged in?

16. Maug

Maug Registered

I'm in the same situation. Auto updater didn't find build 68 and doesn't find build 69. Hopefully the file sizes are not huge and torrents are fast.

17. 88mphTim

Are you logged in?

18. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Hi:

I have a problem with this update, the game crash in Developer with frozen image. At the beginning I thought that would be the new nvidia driver, but I put the previous version (which worked fine with the beta) and it still fails.

Now I'm going to try in single player
    Thanks.

19. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Build 68 was broken for me, but 69 installed correctly using the auto-updater it seems. Mod-Manager reports all my previous mods are still installed (which was part of what was wrong with v68) and they DO seem to be accessible again online (at least the 60's cars are on the build 69 server I just left).

I also went in to CORE to see what mod-manager would report if I started it manually...and can't find it any more. Is that also part of the "fix" or is it just to keep clowns like me from bolluxing things up even more thoroughly than before? :D

I'm fine with it either way, and I do seem to be working properly again, so thanks for build 69.

So far, so good here.

CS

20. 88mphTim

Do plugins work in dev mode? If so, try disabling them. If that does not fix, then there is some other issue here so please make a thread in the bug section and give every bit of info you can.