White headlights

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tosch, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have some strange looking headlights in this build. GT1 is ok, but Meganes and 370 have white headlights.

Megane-Bulid68.jpg
    Build 68

Megane-Build60.jpg
    Build 60

2. varel

varel Registered

Hi, I also have the same problem.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This is one is the graphical issues mentioned in the release thread.

4. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

Is this the same issue as the skins appearing way too light? for example in a race the red and blue nissan 370z shows up bright pink with really light blue, and the blue and white one appears sky blue and pale yellow or is this a problem with my system?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That sounds more likely to be alpha layer related?

6. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

I have absolutely no idea when it comes to modding games and rfactors files etc so i cant be any help really but it looks asif the gamma on a tv was turned up abit too much. But only on the 370z and GT1 all the track textures and other cars look fine to me.

7. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

I have this, like gamma turned up...But get it on all cars/all tracks, when looking back (I have bind a key to look back)the track and cars that are behind me look normal ...I have a GTX580 X2, but not using Sli, game settings ..Res: 2560x1440 32bit Sync:None AA: Level 8, HDR: On FXAA: off

8. paarma

paarma Registered

I had the same problem. As far as I know the MeganeĀ“s white headlight bug in build 60/69 is caused by HDR / Shaders.

Build version 49:
    -Showroom button works and no headlight bug. You can change your HDR setting freely.

Update to build:60/69
    -Showroom buttons disappears from menu. Headlights are OK as long as you dont mess with the HDR settings. If you do change HDR setting you will get white headlights.

To correct the situation :
    1. Make fresh install of build:49 and install the Megane and GT Endurace mod. Run the game to check that evething is OK. Backup your Userdata folder both HDR enabled and disabled. I renamed my folders to HDR_OFF and HDR_ON
    2. Update to build:69. Headlights should be OK as long as no HDR settings have been changed
    3. You can change your HDR setting by replacing your current Userdata folder with you backup folder containing the setting you want to use.

9. paarma

paarma Registered

After further testing changing shadow blur, road reflection and road/crowd animation will result to white headlights. You should configure you graphics settings in build 49 to ensure you have the settings you want to use in latest build.

10. Thierry

Thierry Registered

very good advice successfully realize
    thank you!

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nice find.
    I remember a post from Scott that changing these settings force the shaders to be recompiled.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1727-HDR-problems-%28-%29

12. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Comfirmed this fix worked for me (didn't sort windscreen and custom skin bug tho) but did fix headlights, many thanks! i noticed that becuase of this we can't turn FXAA on!

spoke to soon, seems i can't get into a race as all i get is a black screen. can still use the menus and race but all i see is a black screen where the montor is!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012