g25 gear change problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Niksounds, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

I have several problems to a correct gear change in manual mode

The software changes into two gears more really often.

I jump from 1 to 3rd gear without control.. or from 2 to 4th.. (sequential shifter)

There is a "delay time" to set??

With rf1 or with the first relase of RF2 i hadn't this kind of problem

The logitech g25 drivers are up to date, win7 64 bit.

Damn.. ;-)

2. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

I had that problem too, go to your player.PLR and search this line under DRIVING AIDS:

Repeat Shifts="4" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

For default it has "0", i tried with 1,2,3 and i could only played with it when i change it to 4.

3. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!

It works !!!

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I've noticed this recently also, I thought it was just my senior moments.
    Good find!

Question? Why wouldn't this be better " 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed"

Just thinking, if you were using and actual clutch, maybe "5" would interfere.

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

You're shifter is breaking :p

6. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

Sounds like sort of hardware issue if it happens when using shifter, Logitechs have those problems usually after longer time of using and ownership. Had them with DFP (worked fine for 3-4 years), and read about those with G-series too. It's nothing that half hour and a bit of soldering and a new component wouldn't fix. Or in this case, have you opened your shifter? G27 is mechanically actually really flimsy build when you open it, and the g25 isn't so much different. It's just begging for the user to abuse it so the 2 screws on the stick and the movement restricting mechanics/plates would wear out and you should buy a new one. But if you're even a bit mechanically minded, you can fix it yourself with pocket money, and still have some in return.

http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=93143 Theres some issues with the shifter too, and you can see the insides of the plastic thingamabob.

7. Bazza

Bazza Registered

I remember all the horror stories about g25 shifter's early on and was worried myself.

I was worried so took some care with mine.A few years on i dont baby my g25 shifter, i use h mostly, 100's if not 1000's of hours its still fine.

By default rf1 behaved odd in sequential on the stick like described, so its not a fault shifter, its a bug.

8. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

It's the same with Driving Force Pro, except that it's even worse with rF1 :D