Need Help to Buy A Computer for R2 HELP ME

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Lord Enry, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Lord Enry

Lord Enry Registered

Hi everybody I'm Enrico from Italy, I have already a g25 and i want to get a computer for run Rfactor 2 at max. Can u guys give me some advice ?I did read the system requirements already i don't want spend too much since i read Rfactor don't need a quad core. so....

thanks.,

2. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

how much you willing to spend

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Even though rFactor 2 doesn't use CPU core more than two at the moment, doesn't mean you must not buy a quad core!

Get yourself a minimum quad core CPU, and you won't regret it. The unused cores will be very useful to handle other task such as third party plugins/addons, and of course, handling the operation of Windows itself.

My pseudo-recommendation:
    - quad core CPU (get an intel if possible) with minimum speed 3.2 GHz
    - 8 GB RAM DDR3
    - graphic cards with minimum 1 GB VRAM DDR5, and minimum GPU clock speed is 900MHz
    - hard drive with lots of space since mods tend to eat your hard drive space very quickly
    - motherboard with overclocking supports and easy to flash BIOS and other good features (LAN, Audio, etc)

4. Lord Enry

Lord Enry Registered

ok thanks guys. I really don't have a budget in mind, i'm more interested in a good feeling more than a super graphic.

5. 007700887

007700887 Registered

To evaluate on taufikp's point:
    -i5 2500K
    -2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
    -ASUS P8Z68-V
    -GTX 560TI
    -Samsung 1TB HDD
    -maybe an SSD if you want fast windows and applications

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If I could have hand picked a system, that would have been it! I went with a MSI Z68 G43 B3 mobo and I am using my GTX460. IMHO (after a nightmare upgrade experience!) I'd avoid a SSD- I don't think the technology is ready for primetime yet.

7. 007700887

007700887 Registered

I have a very small SSD for my windows and it works fine, but I agree with what you say Guy and I wouldn't spend £300 on a 250gb SSD, which isn't really prime. But the price of HDD will stay high for some years as the companies recover from the Thailand flood and the price of SSDs are already coming down :D

8. Lord Enry

Lord Enry Registered

My budget it's 300 / 400 € for a computer.

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Important addition to my pseudo recommendation:
    - get a good power supply unit, if you run SLI/Crossfire you gonna need it
    - get good cooling system for CPU and GPU if you still have the budget

I also realize that you want the 'feel' not good graphic. Well, rFactor 2 graphic is still not that good either, similar to rFactor 1, however despite being a bit ugly, rFactor 2 graphic really needs powerful GPU! Weird, no?

10. 007700887

007700887 Registered

I wouldn't run SLI/Crossfire, I'd get a better single card because it is less power consuming and less hassle with software and driver issues.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Lord Enry,

I think you will have to lower your expectations or open your wallet mate.

12. Lord Enry

Lord Enry Registered

DurgeDriven

I think so man... you know it's the first time for me asking advices to get a good pc. I don'tt really understand so much of components and processors cards etc. Maunly i will use it for rfactor2.. again thank to everybody.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I use a wacko formula.

What would I be willing to pay per day for a computer to go with my G25 to run rFactor2. ?

Multiply that by 365 then that by the years you want it to last.

So say I can afford $2 a day ( I mean seriously a new release DVD costs that here )
    and I want the PC to last 2 years.

2 x 365 x 2 = $1,460.00

From that you can work out what percentages you can roughly spend on each part depending on outlay.

ie: $1,460 build you spend around 10% on case you look for a $150 one you like.

Then in the end you juggle parts up and down to suit your personal taste.

So after 2 years anything you sell it for is money back you put towards your new build.