Windows and windshield wipers

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Johannes Rojola, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

When do we get tutorials about how to build proper windows materials and working windshield wipers? These are still lacking from official car modding tutorial, together with a lot of other information too.

I find it quite saddening that this modding subforum gets very little attention from the staff... When we are unable to actually try / debug things out because we don't know where to start, probably is not point of "modders beta" :rolleyes:

And could staff also confirm if there is notable differences between Dev Mode and actual game which affects how graphics are drawn or physics wise?

1 person likes this.
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Staff who can post about this stuff are Lo and Borda, but they are just about the busiest staff at this time (it cycles as to who is busy, depending on where they are with their current workload).

With wipers specifically, only the Nissan GTR has them properly setup I think because that was the test car for the technology. We still need to port the tech to the other cars properly, I believe, and it's probably when that is done that it makes sense to create documentation.

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

This is actually the answer I hoped to hear :) Just going to test the Nissan and see if there is something to learn wipers wise. But reverse engineering has been quite difficult pretty much always.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

a max file of a car that is currently in the game or half of it. would do alot for us in terms of deconstructing. we understand how busy they must be.

5. Turb

Turb Registered

100+