Game crashes or runtime error

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Sergey Yashin, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

I have a problem and I was hoping to know if this problem is part of the beta or not.

Some tracks (Malasya, Portugal) when I want to load a big number of cars 15-30, the game crashes or getting runtime error when loading/after finished loading the track.
    On some tracks (Palm Beach, Mid Ohio) I have no problem loading 30 cars and the game runs fine with pretty decent fps on high settings.

My pc has no problem running other games at high settings and believe me I'm a gamer who enjoys playing many different games.
    Is this problem common and part of the beta?? Cause at the moment I cannot play online on most of the tracks..
    Would like to receive an answer from ISI..

---------------------------------
    i7 920 at 3.2ghz
    GTX 560Ti OC

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Same issue for me

Testing 14 cars with the GTR & 370z, Mills, Palm Beach (what ive tested) are loading fine, Portugal loads very slowly and the menu crashes, buttons dont work right etc, and when it loads finally its unusably slow (appears to be 0.5 FPS)

3. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Yes, you and I have exactly the same problem..

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Still an issue with build 69.

I have reset the PLR file and still the same problem. Cant use Portugal.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When you say same issue, it sounds like your description is very different, is it the same? His crashes, yours goes to low FPS?

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

I dont use "crash" because you can with patience click through the buttons and enter the track, but the menu is pretty much unusable (hover over the RACE button takes 5-6 seconds to get it to pop/sound, and you need to click it- and the rest of the menu buttons - many times.

edit: eventually when you click race you are in the garage but you cant do anything, as i said, it appears to run at 0.5 FPS. It takes 30 seconds for the parts of the grandstands and people infront of you to appear, etc.

When you manage to leave the track, everything is back to normal, and i can select cars and tracks and go on my merry way.

7. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

View attachment 1592
    View attachment 1593

With the above settings, when I try to load Malaysia (19 opponents), game loads ok but after it finished loading I have 1-2 FPS (shown by fraps FPS counter).
    Everything is slow, I have to click 5 times on a button to activate that button. Restarting weekend doesn't help. Simply cannot race or do anything and must exit the track...

If I exit the track to the game menu (where I select the tracks, cars, game settings etc...) everything is back to normal.

With the above settings, If I load Malaysia with only my car (no opponents), I get 190 fps when I jump into the car in the garage...
    View attachment 1594

8. 88mphTim

Can you monitor your CPU and see if the software is dropped out of real time?

9. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Not sure what you mean.. I hope I understand correctly..

With the same settings as shown in my previous post (2 screenshots), when I launch the game and changing the priority to Real Time (with windows task manager, processes) and load Malaysia with 19 opponents, the game stays in Real Time priority...

10. 88mphTim

It should run by itself in the priority needed. What % of your CPU is used when it slows down?

11. 88mphTim

Real time priority is not what I mean.

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

For me:

Portugal with 13 AI = same problem
    Portugal with no AI = runs fine.

Happening with any cars i test. Other tracks seem to be fine.

I checked task manager during the problem and CPU usage was 47%.

13. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

Task manager shows 22-25% cpu usage when I alt-tab during the slow down..

14. pn6

pn6 Registered

Ran on public servers with the GT cars yesterday.........no problems other than one CTD...track was Palm Beach. Escaped off the track and it just went quickly to desktop.......started it right back up and it worked fine after that.....

15. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

I would like to point out that if I set the settings to max (HDR, FXAA, Sync, max shadows) the game crashes or runtime error during the track loading or right after loading..

I can't say I'm enjoying the game because almost every server has a 30 opponents limit and when it reaches certain amount of players the game crashes to desktop.
    As far as I know Malaysia, Portugal, Mills have this issue for me except Palm Beach which works ok.

16. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I try to join servers with 19+ run time error ... I have been able to join with 7-10 no issues.
    [​IMG]

17. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Actually after numerous tests today on a particular GT server, if there were 10 or less I could join and drive with no issues. As soon as it started to get populated ...12-13-14 etc.. it would progressively deteriorate frame rate wise. I would be driving at 60 fps, then for 6 or 7 seconds it would chug at 1 or 2 fps, then smooth back out.
    After a few series of those I would get the run time error and ctd.
    Edit: If I tried to rejoin I would get the error as soon as it loaded the track.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  18. Skyliner34

Skyliner34 Registered

I 'm pretty sure that there is a problem with more than 9 AI of physical drivers...
    Some bug with build 69 probably... :)

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

I've had this with builds 68 and 69, so im guessing it wasnt related to any of the fixes in just b69

20. Sergey Yashin

Sergey Yashin Registered

I had this problem since the beta was released...