The second update - Build 68

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Which plugins do you mean?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Posted a new thread, understand what's happening now so I'd prefer people hold off doing this creating their own updates to refresh thing until we get more info on why other mods aren't working.

3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Won't install for me, I've got rFactor2 installed on D:\rFactor2, I get "Updater could not find data and settings path" even after I redirect to D:\rFactor2

SS

4. Toonces

Toonces Registered

What have you done to the frame rate?

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

OOOOOhhhh havn't installed the mod yet, dont think I will get round to it till saturday, hope its fixed by then.
    Seen as your doing the new update through the rf launcher and not through download and placed in update folder sounds to me like like half the install problems are something to do with file paths and wether ur using absolute paths or local paths. Learn this from when I was a web designer.

6. taufikp

taufikp Registered

So, this build 68 cause FPS drop and stutters? Hummm....

7. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Not for me, runs fine... but I can't join ANY servers, says mod not installed even on stock content, and stock tracks...

8. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I'd say you'll have to wait till the server has the patch too, (i haven't tried yet didn't install fer me)

SS

9. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Thanks, yeah I saw that this low FPS and stutters is not general. So depends on users' configuration. Also all plugins built for previous version are now seem to be disabled by this build, except TrackIR plugin included in build 68. I'd rather wait until all of those problems sorted out.

10. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

There's a significant and objectively measurable drop in frame rate. Using the same configuration as build 60, build 68 loses 30 FPS. That's with HDR and FXAA turned off. If I turn them on, FPS reduces to less than 20 FPS.

I ironed stuttering out of the previous version with suitable graphics settings, but it's back with a vengeance.

Build 68 froze in the pits several times and had to be restarted. I haven't seen that happen before.

I thought build 60 was fine, but sorry, build 68 is too hard to use.

Update: game now freezes in pits one time out of every three, requiring task manager to kill and restart. I've yet to get around a lap without a graphics flaw interfering at some point. Reverting to 60.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  11. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

Build 68 is the only one that has worked well on this machine. nissan gt cars are a hoot and isi seems to have done something that makes hdr work for me now without killing fps and so far no stutters Awsome!!!!! I am not able to match up with any servers other than gt tonight but guessing that they haven't updated?..I can truly say that tonight was the first time rf2 felt good and was fun to race with a1 kudos ISI

12. conticreative

conticreative Registered

I can't install the update to being with. I tried downloading the torrent first and then the direct download.
    I have my rF2 on c:/games/rfactor2 so I dropped the update EXE in the "update" dir. I go to launch rF2 and then to "update" but what I get is: "No remote updates found. Simulation is up to date."

incidentally, in the updates dir I still had the old update, proof that at that time it worked OK.

13. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

update to above post...... still having massive stuttering on tracks that came with original build so palm beach seems to be the only track that works smoothly for me all of my testing from the beginning has been with 10 ai
    decent fps at pb avg 60 but without the massive drops that occur on high detail sections of other tracks
    guess I will wear out p beach and see what the next update brings
    thks all

14. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Frame rates are not to much of an issue for me,but stuttering is with this build.

15. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Had the same using the torrent version and putting it my own "Updates" folder.

I then tried the direct DL and told it to "copy and replace" the version I'd already put into my "Updates" folder...which it apparently did.

Updater then did work (well...somewhat)...because when I launch it at least does now tells me I'm running build 68, v1.040. ...

...except that all the mods I had successfully installed before now longer show up as installed. So I may have everything...but none of it is now installed or even installable, as far as I can tell.

Not sure how it helps me to go one step forward and three steps back (one for each previously installed mod) at the same time. :-/

FWIW, I've added no plugins of any sort at any point. I'm trying to keep it as dirt simple as possible here (PC is cutting edge/loaded, but running only a single GTX580--no SLI).

====

EDIT update: All five mods I had previously installed still show as installed in "Mod Manager."
    None show as intalled trying to connect online (a serverlist that had previously showed me quite a bit of "yellow" text doesn't any more).

I will quit with it for now and wait to see what shakes out.

CS

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Thanks for putting tire scrub sounds on the F2 and F3.

[​IMG]

17. Lowryda

Lowryda Registered

the fps drops drasticaly at belgium gp. like a sliding pictures with the newest GTR GT1
    my specs are not really good, c2d 3.0 gts450 on 1080p
    i turn shadow off, no HDR in display setting, everything high

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I ran the update this evening. Not much change for me, other than graphics look a bit "softer", maybe I mean less contrast, or washed out color.
    That is about the biggest thing I noticed.
    I have no problems with different frame rates, freezes etc. However, I run no third party plug-ins.

All tracks performed as usual.

19. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Great work ISI. Everything going as planned here. Update was smooth. Good luck with the new found bugs ;)

20. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

So far so good, took the Nissan GTR onto Palm Beach (let AI control first, didn't have wheel setup) and everything went smoothly. I boosted all the settings in the game and was getting a stable 50+ fps. Which is great concidering I don't run full graphics unless I am taking screenshots :p

I'm about to have a real go now with the wheel, I'll take the GTR onto a few tracks and I'll post back if there are any problems :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.