The second update - Build 68

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thank you, Tim I'm back. This SSD upgrade has been a real nightmare and when I got that message about using all my activations I didn't know whether to cry or scream.

I chose the latter and I apologize for all the stuff I yelled about ISI, the staff, & all your mothers, grandmothers, pets, your pet's mothers, your sisters and your cousins. But I was home alone so no one heard. Except my neighbor who's kind of weird.

I can't wait to try out the new track with a GTR!

2. MikeSierra

MikeSierra Registered

Hey

I have the same issues whit the freezing since the update to 68 sometime i cant race 3 rounds another try i have the freeze in the 1 round, i want test to complete reinstalling the game first the updates of the game an then the mod's i have.

i report tomorrow

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As per the other posts about this, it seems something changed in the back end and custom mods will need to be refreshed in the system. You should be able to join any server using just ISIs mods.

4. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I am joining servers with ISIs mods.

Explain why I was able to join once, leave that server and then try to join again and it said mod not installed. It was running ISI mods with no other mods installed.

5. funkstardeluxe

funkstardeluxe Registered

after a few laps, I can say for sure that these plugins were faulty.
    problem solved.

6. michael1

michael1 Banned

I installed all is good just need to repack community mods the new mod is great thanks, is there any way to put nos on the cars?.

7. g7usl

g7usl Registered

I keep getting a freeze frame after around 4 minutes. I can only exit via task manager. This is on the multiplayer server at Palm Beach. Can't remember which one.

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

when i try to join F1 Historic, Megane and F.Renault servers (updated) i have this message: Mod Not Found :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  9. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Ok update. I had my friend set his server up. Once he got it up I was able to join no problem. I left and refreshed list. It had a tick to let me know I could join. I then refreshed 5 times and after the 5th refresh the tick changed to a cross and said mod not found!!!!! ????

Something is really wrong. The only servers unaffected are the GT Endurance ones. Seems that the new build has something that is not 100% compatible with the other mods even the ISI ones.

Seems like ISI are going to have to update all their mods to work with build 68.

10. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Soory for google translation....

Tonight, I installed completely fresh and RF2 can`t still join in any other server. I did not feel the time to test all the possibilities but I can not join on the server with the historic routes. As I said .... a completely fresh install of rF2 with build 68 and RF2 I have not installed any non-ISI mod, except for the Nissan GT mod to be able to take anything at all. Even the RF2 provides fast crashes that can be repaired only by Task Manager.

regards
    Thomas

11. coocster

coocster Registered

I have the same issue, loading etc goed well, but running sometimes a couple of meters the game freezes and task manger is the only solution. Tryed different tracks, olso the same issue. No clue...

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

My post on build49 to 60:

60 to 68:

Again, perfect (auto) install of the new build and GTwonderfullworld (thx for the d/l link Mr. Mclaren)

Did the same as before, Monaco 1960's test. FPS dropped from previous 120-ish to 70/80 max and 45-to 60 overall.

Oddly the game felt much more fluid, it felt like 120fps. Does that even make sense?

That make me think, dude, go try HDR. which i did! and where i would previously get very low and poor performance with HDR, this time arround it was pretty good :)
    FPS difference was about 20 frames, not that much considering....plus it still felt smooth.

All this with just me, not online, no AI.
    Tested a bunch of tracks/cars, samish results although the difference in appearence in tracks was very apparent, the new track looked realy good compared to no HDR, Mills looked like Mario Kart (i think manly because of the lighting which was not visible in no HDR), Monaco more or less the same and i'm assuming that because of the gfx card limits.

Online tests where inconclusive (hardly did any), virtual mod-servers no acces with virtual mod but thats been reported allready.

I'm quite satisfied but dont hold that against me please.

13. antgen

antgen Registered

I had the same problem(after half a lap the game freeze and i had to close via task manager), but after i removed the two plugins i had (dashmeter and vracingDisplayPRO) i thing the problem was solved.

14. Bty

Bty Registered

thanks for the update ISI.

Anyone got a link to the change log?

15. 88mphTim

Did the server change mods?

16. 88mphTim

Thanks for confirming.

17. 88mphTim

Or more likely just fix the issue rather than issuing an update with nothing new in it... Probably less complicated that way. ;)

18. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

No.

19. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I really like new update, new cars feel very good and new track is very good too, but with new build came a lot of issues, huge fps drop, strange HDR behavior, online connection problem and many more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. elwood

elwood Registered

I've done two runs in Mid-Ohio of my friend Monsum.
    F3 Spark and FR3.5
    Freezed, two times in a row, never completed a lap. :mad:
    Never experienced before. (screen freezes and sound loops)
    Task Manager respond, so i have closed the task.

I've read posts above, about plugins, (i'm 100% its not the hardware, oc or temps) so i've removed the single i've installed.

Realheadmotion Plugin.

Did 20 laps with no issues in MidOhio and the Fr3.5 with alot of AI.

Seems that plugins based on old betas, are fighting with this 68 build.

Cheers.

elwood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.