Reactivation problem- I've reactivated too many times

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Guy Moulton, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I tried to reactivate today- I got a bum SSD last month and it's taken me a month to sort it out and I've had to reinstall Windows MANY times. To add insult to injury, rFactor2 says I activated too many times. I sent an email, but haven't heard anything back so I figured I'd hedge my bet and post here too.

Please reset my activations. I don't want to have to go through this every time I have a problem for the upcoming 5 years.

2. NobbyRacing2012

NobbyRacing2012 Registered

I tried to reactivate today as well and got a message that I have reactivated to many times ... Please reset my activation counter ...

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Guys, you have to send an e-mail to purchase @ rFactor.net (without spaces between the @) asking for a reset and adding in the mail your Order Number (it is in the confirmation mail you got after the purchase) or the e-mail address you used for the purchase.

4. monkeysout

monkeysout Registered

I had the same issue, followed the advice from Max above and emailed them, got a reply saying it had been done ..... just 4 minutes later !

Thanks for the great support ISI;)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is very much a soft limit, and a form of piracy protection. Max (above) gave good instruction on how to get more.

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I just used a disk cloning application to update my primary hard drive to a solid state and now all options are greyed out. Why would simply cloning a hard drive do this? I've sent an email request to reset activations. It just seems like a bad idea for a hard-drive replacement (cloned) to cause this.

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

When you activate you get an unique activation number based on some of the components of your PC. One of the components is also hard drive meaning if you replace your hard drive, your previous activation is no longer valid because it contains the value from your previous hard drive. It's pretty standard activation, many other software also use something like that (even Windows).

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How about instead just backing up ....

USERS\YOURNAME\APPDATA\ROAMING\.rFactor

:rolleyes:

9. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

If he cloned his hard drive it means he has the exact copy of all the contents.
    Anyway that won't help if the hard drive changes (or any other PC components that are relevant when generating the activation).

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

How about reading my post before jumping to conclusions that I'm an idiot?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  11. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I completely understand the hardware ID concept, I just wish the hard drive wasn't part of it :)