Does fixed AI setups work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gary Corby, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

I have Fixed AI Setups and Fixed Setups both set to true, which I believe means that whenever I restart the game the AI will use whatever setup I last used. I noticed the AI lap times are suspiciously similar no matter what setup I last used, so I ran a test.

I created the Setup From Hell and ran it at Mills with FR3.5: LF tyre pressure is 190, RF is 90, RL is 90, RR is 190. Front anti roll is 27, rear antiroll is 72. This makes the car pull to the right; so convenient for that fast left hand curve. Gear ratios are 7.7, 7.438, 6.794, 6.222, 5.971 and 5.711...effectively only two low gears. Weight shifted far to the front and as far to the right as I could get it. Brakes set to 60%. Smallest possible radiator. You get the idea.

I drove this abortion round the track a few times, struggled to make a 1:54. Did I mention the car has severe oversteer to the right but none to the left? Also, the engine overheated after three laps.

Then I restarted to let the AI loose on it. My digital friends turned in the same lap times in the 1:24 range as they always do.

Which makes me wonder if I've done something wrong in settings? Or are the AIs not acquiring player setups?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Don't know for sure, but I'd say it's obviously not working yet.

3. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

Thanks Tim. It's just as likely that I've done something wrong, because I'm an rFactor novice, but it'd be a good idea to get a responsible adult to check my result if someone has a spare moment.