FFB Feeling

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by arnomar, Mar 13, 2012.

1. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I would like to know your feeling about the FFB on build 60.

In my view with 60's cars and SPA/Monaco tracks:

The FFB is ever really nice, you can feel the contact tires/road and easily control drifting. I've just few remarks about force modulation:

- There is too much difference between forces when tires are loaded or unloaded. The direction feels too light during the acceleration phase and inversely it is too strong (saturated) during braking phase. Maybe it's possbile to manage it in the controller.ini. On RF1 it was possible, now i don't know.
    - It may linked but i find the center range of direction too loosy, the force arrive too late when i begin to turn (not enough progressive). I tried to change the sensivity in controller.ini but without effect.
    - The force stationnery wheels could be stronger (On RF1 leo FFB plugin can manage it).
    - On Monaco, the bumps are too violent on the direction (SPA is smoothest)

For the other mod, i don't really like the feeling:

Megane => best modulaion of the force but the feeling tires/road seems worse. I find this mod not really fun (it is my opinion)
    FR 3.5 => the direction is too light at low speed/grip lost and too strong at high speed (maximum grip).

My T500 setup:

Overall Strength of all forces: 46%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 100%
    Spring: 10%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-Center Settings: by the game

Controller.ini: ingame T500 setup (with accelerate/clutch inversed)

Sorry for my english.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  2. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I don't know if it is placebo effect, but i have a best FFB feeling with the Build 68, the direction is more consistent (Monaco drive is smoothest). The force stationary wheel seems heavier and I will check if there is still a big difference between foces FFB for charged and uncharged tires.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  3. Greg Lugo

Greg Lugo Registered

Im not going to go too in depth on this subject ,But I do notice quite a difference in feel when I used the new GT Mod, compared to the renualt 3.5 and the meganes, the wheel feed back is much more "dull" or less responsive . Perfect example is when i hit a kerb or a rumble strip with the renault and megane , i get a jolt or vibration . with the GT mod i dont get very much vibration at all or sometimes none.

Im using a G27 wheel.

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

If you have not tried it yet, I would suggest playing with "Damper". It will tighten up the center.

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I noticed with the in game specific force multiplier when set to 1 i can feel more of the feedback but less strength but when turning up to about 15 the wheel weight is much stronger which i like but the actual feedback from car doesn't't really change it almost feels numb, its the best way i can explain it when hitting rumble strips my g27 rattles like crazy with the megans and 60's, and alot less with the gtr. Is there a place to read up on what the different settings do in the plr file?? I think im missing out on something big here...

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

SkeleTele, which build are you running.
    I don't run a g27, but I have read in a lot of threads that in build 60 that rattle on rumble strips have been greatly reduced.

Having to crank multiplier to 15 doesn't even sound right. Mine on 1 is perfect, on older builds I had to decrease to .80 to .90
    What are your settings in you Logitech profiler. sounds like they are really low.

Since build 60, you shouldn't have to touch .plr file.