A doubt...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ferrarinews, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ferrarinews

Ferrarinews Registered

Hi.
    When I'm driving a car on the track, it seems that instead of seeing him back, I see the side of the car when I make a turn.
    Is there any way to fix this?
    Thanks for your help.

2. THracing

THracing Registered

Here's how to adjust MIRROR reflections while ON the TRACK !!

use Shift+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust all mirror reflection heights

use Shift+Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust mirror reflection
    note: these physical mirror position adjustments are for the in-cockpit center mirror only

Left Mirror use Ctrl+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust left mirror reflection

Center Mirror use Ctrl+Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust center mirror reflection

Right Mirror use Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust right mirror reflection

3. Ferrarinews

Ferrarinews Registered

I want while I'm on track not in cockpit, but in swingman...

4. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

do you play the game in Swingman ? obviously play the game how you like but RF2 is prity much desiged to be played from cockpit view.

I guess ISI could enable virtual mirrors for swingman you might be able to do it yourself by editing one of the INI files someone on the forum will know.

5. Ferrarinews

Ferrarinews Registered

Maybe my English is really bad. Who is talking about mirrors?
    What I am saying is that when I'm playing in swingman, when making a turn, I fail to see the right rear and I see the side of the car.
    It seems he moves and does not walk straight in this view.
    I can not explain better. What strikes me is when I turn right or left, seems to see the car aside, it seems to be doing drift.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You should be IN the car, what do you think the word "SWINGman" stands for?
    Ik think you can not shut it down

7. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Think swingman was set up that way to level the playing field a bit. If it sat in place it would give too big of an advantage over people in driver view.
    As it is it gives enough advantage that people tend to force cockpit view on servers.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I dont think it gives much advantages, maybe even makes it safer to nagotiate a field but Ferrarinews should be able to do whatever he wants and adress issues without beeing judged uppon :)

And he might have a point as well, if camera's are not correct, this will influence replays as well, especially for those making videos and using everything there is to use. (and of course anyone using swingman or other 'politically incorrect' camera views)

Ferrarinews, have you tried adjusting the camera itself? with numpad_1 to 9 you can change it yourself, maybe find a way to fix it for yourself.

Also, it might depend on which cars you use. i think the GT cars for example seem to be abit different then the 1960 in the camera department? For me i needed some work in the cockpit alone to make things acceptable again.
    It seems to me that the axis of the GT cars are in the back whilst other cars axis are in the center, this might influence camera's as well.

9. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I'm amazed people have even worked out what he's trying to say, he needs google translate, lol.

10. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Of course it makes it safer, it lets you see over hills, over walls, over other cars. It lets you see around some turns. Basicly lets you see a lot that you would never see from behind the wheel.

I'm not judging him in anyway, but saying it dosent give much advantage is laughable. Having the camera swing to the inside of the turn negates a chunk of the advantage(which is why I think they designed it that way). You can stop this action in the cars cam file but then you wont be able to join servers and rightly so.

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I'd wish that people could one day give some constructive criticism or just feedback that isn't all positive without other people beeïng overprotective.......saying things like "don't judge", "don't jump upon him" and so on. The guy is not a retard and can stand up for himself.
    Even so; it can not be all good news all the time; guys can make mistakes and if other people direct them to it; they should be able to do so......we're not children.
    By saying that; I don't mean the TS makes a mistake by driving the way he does; it's his choice if he wishes to do so.

12. LoPaN

LoPaN Registered

I guess you are fluent in many languages then? Hes trying his best to get his point across no need for comments about his translation, sorry im just sick of pointless comments on these forums.

13. Nils

Nils Registered

hmpf, I´m getting tired of this. It would be an easy fix if we were allowed to tweak the cam files. I also use the swingman view sometimes, and the point of rotation and the way the car rotates are really really bad. Also the cockpit view in the Nissans doesn´t fit for my rig+monitor set. Please ISI, allow us to tweak cam files and headphysics to our needs, wishes and preferences.
    (Ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam)

14. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

You are allowed to tweak cam files. Just dont expect to race online with it, asking them to allow that is like asking a FPS developer to let you see through walls that your opponents can not.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm sorry, i should have been more specific since this topic seems to be such an emotional thing for peeps lol.

i ment advantage in speed.

Yeah i know what you mean, like when someone asks what to do with a cam and then people reply that they should be using the cockpit. very constructive :p

16. Ferrarinews

Ferrarinews Registered

Just to say, THANKS.
    All the other people are not understand. I'm 40 years old, I play car games more or less 22 years, and my favorite always was swingman, but of course, not everyone has the capacity to do. I was driving instructor, about 20 years, and I know what I do.

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't see what's wrong with that; to get a "fixed" vision; you should use that, right? And as I said; I don't know another way, so to me, that's the solution.

*Then there are some people who see EVERYTHING negative.......*

18. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Lol complete garbage adjusting cam files in racing sims is nothing like using a wall hack, we all like to drive our own different view and we should be able to chose that freely and race online as you could in rF1

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1
    I've never understood why people are so concerned with what view a competitor is using.

P.S I only drive cockpit view. ;)

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You're welcome mate.

Did the tip help? any luck with using numpad_1 to 9 to fix the view?