Welcome Message plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Tygernoot, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. I have been really busy with a different plugin that will be announced in the next few days :)

Once that's rolled out I'll have a look at this one again.

Best regards,
    Ed.

2. _KrustY_

_KrustY_ Registered

good morning
    I have a VPS with Windows 2012 Server
    I running 3 dedicated servers rFactor2
    I tried this plugin but it always fails
    "Failed to open handle to the dedicated window (button chat)" and "Failed to open handle to the dedicated window (chat edit)"
    I installed the x86 and x64 vcredist 2008/2010/2012 but I have not solved
    on my PC with Windows 8.1 works
    someone knows the solution?
    Thank you

3. pantxu

pantxu Registered

hi there!

anyone knows if its possible to make this awesome plugin work with rfactor1/automobilista?

4. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Should the Plugin work the same with a steam dedicated server? I seem to be having an issue getting the message to appear.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Works for me, screen below is where I put everything

[​IMG]

Hope that helps

Cheers

G

EDIT: With the new release (03 Oct 2016) the structure has changed and the screenshot above is no longer valid.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  6. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Thanx, I'll give it a try

7. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Yea, still no luck. Do you drop the complete unzip file in both 32 bit and 64 bit folders?

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Missed your response....no I unzipped the zip file to a temp folder then copied the files over to the game as per my screenie on my previous post.

9. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Yep, that is what I was doing wrong, it took me a bit to realize what I was doing. Thank you for your help too :)

10. knackko

knackko Registered

Hi,
    As it is more efficient, I use now multiple servers for the same rf2 install, but welcome message plugin doesnt work anymore !
    This plugin is so useful, hope you'll find some time to give to it!

11. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi,

Sorry I have been neglecting this for a long time. I have been rather lazy ever since releasing my latest plugin...

I'll have a go at it again. Can we list all the requests and issues so that I don't forget anything as it's been a while :)

-) Allow multiple servers from same rF2 install.

I was thinking about creating a new json configuration file in which you can specify all details. Something like this:
    Code:
    {
    	"WelcomePlugin": [
    	{
    		"ServerName": "MyServer",
    		"DriverMassOptions": {
    			"Driver X": "15",
    			"Driver Y": "25"
    		},
    		"WelcomeText": [
    			"Line1",
    			"Line2",
    			"Etc"
    		],
    		"SendWelcomeTextEverySession": false
    	},
    	{
    		"ServerName": "Another Server",
    			"Driver X": "12",
    			"Driver Z": "6"
    		},
    			"Line4",
    			"Line5"
    		],
    		"SendWelcomeTextEverySession": true
    	}
    	]
    }
    Just one file for all servers and no hassle with the [ ] characters in driver names. Sounds good?

I presume everyone capable of setting up rFactor servers is skilled enough to edit a json file as well :)

-) The option "SendWelcomeTextEverySession" in the json file specifies whether or not to send the welcome text on every session switch.

-) Has the issue with multiple (re)join messages been fixed by ISI, or is that still an issue?

If not fixed, I'll introduce a few seconds delay before sending the commands.

-) When restarting the weekend or moving to the next event, I'll send the weight messages again.

-) Any other things I forgot or I should add?

@_KrustY_: Do you use rFactor in English or a different language? I search for the correct window using "Game Name:" in the title, and the button called "Send Chat", so if these are named differently then it won't work.

Best regards,
    Edward.

12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

No the issue still exists. It would be great if you could do this :) Many thanks

13. knackko

knackko Registered

We cant be 100% of our free time to make devs, thanks for your reply :)

About the unique file, not sure that's more efficient as the administration is done per player directory, with player json, multiplayer and now plugin configuration files. Consider an application to administrate rfactor2 server instances, the more efficient for such app is to scan different configuration files in player profile dirs. Json is fine.

14. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Alrighty, I'll have a look. I forgot a bit about the folder structure (can't check right now, at work), so if one file per player is more suitable, that's actually even easier :)

Can't promise any delivery date, but I'll keep you up-to-date on any progress or test version.

15. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

At the moment its works ok in multiple servers for me and my league, you just have to set it up in each player file not the root file. just would be nice to have the message come up at the start of each session to let admins know who has & hasn't got weights.........
    Another feature that would be good if you could do it is that having weights set to each particular sessions
    example 1:

Practice 1 wrxxy 50kg
    Practice 2 wrxxy 50kg
    Qualifying wrxxy 0kg
    Warm Up wrxxy 50kg
    Race wrxxy 50kg

Have some sort of setting to enable or disable this setting.

example 2 this setting is current.

Practice 1 wrxxy 50kg
    Practice 2 wrxxy 50kg
    Qualifying wrxxy 50kg
    Warm Up wrxxy 50kg
    Race wrxxy 50kg

16. knackko

knackko Registered

Thanks and KISS (Keep It Simple...) !

17. knackko

knackko Registered

To be sure of what you call "multiple servers", you make it works with 1 rf2 install and several player profiles (1 server per player profile)? I've setup ini and txt files in each player profile but its NOK.

18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Yes 1 install 8-9 profiles welcome messenger works OK...

19. knackko

knackko Registered

Can you share one of your profile content?
    For me, after copying .dll files in bin32 and bin64, plugin must be activated in CustomPluginVariables.JSON in profile dir. And always in profile dir: WelcomeText.txt and WelcomeText.ini. Do I forget something? because it doesnt work for me. You have different WelcomeText.txt for each profile?

20. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Alrighty, I have largely rewritten the plugin, all looking good. I didn't try it out yet, I likely need to debug it a bit (knowing myself) :p

- The "/setmass" commands are sent every session switch
    - The welcome text is sent every session if the "SendWelcomeTextEverySession" is set to true in the JSON file
    - All welcome text messages and "/setmass" commands are sent with a 3 second delay after the driver joining the server (or session switch) to avoid that ISI bug
    - This is what the JSON file looks like now (one file per user/server/profile):
    Code:
    {
    		"DriverX": 15,
    		"DriverY": 25,
    		"DriverZ": 10
    	},
    		"Line1",
    		"Line2",
    		"Etc"
    	],
    }
    - The JSON file is reloaded every session switch, so if you make updates to the file, those changes will be loaded automatically the next session. If you would like this to happen more often, I can reload the file every minute or so instead.

- I didn't add the different weights per session yet as per wrxxy's request. I will do that in the next iteration. I just need to think how best to represent this in the JSON file, without it getting too confusing to set up. Probably best to have one "default" weight, used for all sessions, which can then be overridden by specifying a different weight for a particular session. Something like this:

Code:
    {
    	"DriverMassOptions_Default": {  // used for all sessions except when overridden
    		"DriverX": 15,
    		"DriverY": 25,
    		"DriverZ": 10
    	},
    	"DriverMassOptions_Qualifying": {  // overrides default settings for qualifying 
    		"DriverX": 30,
    		"DriverY":  5
    	},
    		"Line1",
    		"Line2",
    		"Etc"
    	],
    }