Welcome Message plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Tygernoot, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Many thanks Gerald!

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just a quick question, what happen with the extra weights, when the server get a "weekend restart"?

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

No idea. I have not tested how rF2 works about extra weight when restarting weekend.

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Gerald,
    thanks for your reply. Have you an idea, where i could check, wether the weight is actual added or not? I can`t find ingame any informations about added extra weights, except the msg from your tool.

5. Mee

Mee Registered

Just add a ridiculous amount of weight, you'll notice :).

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I got the joke ;-) but we`re running a League, where this information would be very important.

7. Mee

Mee Registered

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Mee, i know that. But we need something wich we can check ingame, like in Race07, where you can see/control the weights in the driver list. We have to wait, what ISI is saying, if they would say anything about this ;-)

9. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Just found a problem with this great plugin... when I have multiple servers running of the one install, it wants to put weight on me in a server that doesn't require the extra weight ....any idea's Gerald???

Thx in Advance.

10. pinyht

pinyht Registered

I test auto setmass, there is a problem, if a race has end and go to next race, the setmass will ivalid, or restart weekend, it will ivalid too, can you add a function, if there is a new race, or restart weekend, then reload WelcomePlugin.ini again?
    sorry for my pool English

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

We also have found a bug. It seems to be ISI sided but maybe you could solve this. Since build 982 several users get the message "xyz joined the server - xyz left the server - xyz joined the server" when they join the server. The weight allocation of rF2 doesn't come along with that and removes your additional weight after you get the "xyz left the server" message but doesn't add weight again when the second "xyz joined the server" message appears on screen. Maybe it's possible to make a workaround for that bug until ISI fixes it.

Greetings Felix

12. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Been quite a while since I last looked at this plugin. I'll see if I can update it (time permitting...), otherwise Gerald can perhaps have a look :)

13. TPG

TPG Registered

I was wondering if it is possible to have the Welcome Message text replay for other sessions other than just when you join. I have some event rules as part of my Welcome message and would like to be able to replay that message when the Warm Up session starts..any chance that option could be added?

14. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Have any news for this?

Greetings!!!

15. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't looked at it yet as I'm working hard on a different plugin at the moment.

Let me see what I can do. I don't think it's very difficult to do this update, so will try to spend some time on it soon ;)

16. Tygernoot

Tygernoot Registered

Are you OK with a quick fix?

I can (very easily) send the welcome text and do the setmass commands at every session switch instead of only at startup. This will solve the issue when restarting the weekend or going to the next event.

It won't solve wrxxy's problem yet with multiple servers or the bug reported by McFlex (I hope ISI can fix that one though).

This fix only requires 1 extra line of code, whereas a proper update of the plugin for multiple servers and configurable settings takes considerable time.

I'll upload this small change somewhere this weekend when I get around to compiling it :)

17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hi Tygernoot,

about my problem. I am not 100% sure but i think i remember that ISI is aware of the join-leave-join bug but they themself don't really know how to fix this issue. Would it be possible to delay the setmass commands for a few seconds to that the weight isn't applied to the first join but the second join?

And another question? How does the plugin handle a rejoin of a driver during a race session? It the weight penalty still applied after a rejoin or must this be set again and would this be possible?

Thanks for your work Tygernoot

18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

My problem seems to be ok but you have put the welcome config ini in the player file..... That has fixed the multiple server thing as I originally had it in root directory.......

Just wondering how you went with the restart session thing as that would be the go!!!!!

19. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

thanks for this, helps a lot, THANK YOU

20. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi !

I just came across this plugin that I will certainly test on my server !

I see that it is possible to setmass for drivers, does this plugin would work with the command /pitbydriver, /pitbyteam and /pitbyvehicule too you think ?

The command work like that: /pitbydriver 5 acelain
    will put me (acclain) in garage 5

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016