Does rf2 benefit from NVidia physx

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bart S, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

Hi this is a quick question are people with a dedicated physx card getting any benefit in rf2?
    maybe I should ask does rf2 use nVidia physx?
    I am upgrading to a 7970 and wondered if it would be beneficial to install my old 8800gtx to be used for physx and improve framerate.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No it doesn't use it.

3. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thanks Tim you saved me a lot of heat, power and hassle.

4. bmwmaster

bmwmaster Registered

If you want to upgrade mainly for rf2 then i would take an nvidia card ! They run better with rf2.

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

I previous been an nVidia 8800GTX user then onto a HD4890 currently on HD5870.
    I don't know why but ever since my change from nVidia to ATI I noticed graphics to be sharper and crisper. I also run Eyefinity and love it.
    There must be some reason why rFactor works better for nVidia than AMD, I believe this will all be sorted out by the time rFactor 2 will be released anyway. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it myself, right now I think it the 1GB Memory limit on my 5870 holding me back, another thing tesselation the 5870 had problems with it and shadows are another killer, when new drivers come out I think ATI will be on par. I think a HD7970 will be all I will need to max everything and get 70fps+ on 3 screens.

BTW check out my old Beamer
    530d M Sport 290bhp

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's way too early to say what does and doesn't run better. :)

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Fair enough, but for now in rF 2 it's like in rF 1. Ati is just way behind nVidia. But IF that will change in the near future, then that's very good indeed :)

8. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

The new nvidia Keplers are coming out in the next couple of weeks. Rumor has March 23 pegged. Can't wait to see how these bad boys perform. The speculation is huge. Let's see what the facts are...My three year old GTX 285 has been wonderful, but I tkink Kepler will force the change for me.