minimize to desktop during online race

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Phil Meballs Holloway, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Phil Meballs Holloway

Phil Meballs Holloway Registered

Its no big deal and it only happened the once. It may be useful info. It maybe a windows fault. I don't know.

Basically, I was racing along Mills in the Megane. The game minimized to desktop and the sound continued. I clicked on the task bar icon to expand but with no response. The game was still running as I could hear my car stuff itself into a barrier. I could only opened the game via task manager. The only other program open at the time was RF2 launcher.

Spec
    Win7 64bit, i5 2500K (not OC), Z68AP-D3, 8Gb RAM, AMD HD 6850.

Keep up the good work. I'm Very new to sim racing and I'm loving what you doing.

2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

are you using the last version of avira antivir free?

3. phil123uk

phil123uk Registered

No, At the time I had no anti virus software running.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There are a few issues causing window state change crashes I think. Many are avoided currently by running in Window mode, but NOT all of them yet...

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Your video driver can quit and you will be facing a black screen. It will eventually come back on its own.
    If your fast, you might see a notice pop up at the bottom right telling you that your video driver had quit (after the screen comes back, of course)

I've only seen this antic in win 7 64 bit. Usually if you change video drivers, this will clear up. Unless you load another buggy driver.

6. phil123uk

phil123uk Registered

Cheers Tim.
    Jim, Its wasn't that. I did have a little problem when I put this thing together but as you rightly said "update the drivers". Problem solved.

I forgot to say that the program worked perfectly OK after. No restart required and I could carry on playing.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I sometimes get minimize to desktop when rfactor2 loads for the first time before you get to the menu screen (ok in game but).

8. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Yeah, this is (sometimes) caused when we start up the Logitech event monitor (LWEMon), which we need running in order to change the steering wheel lock. There are a couple workarounds:

1) Let Logitech start it up when you start your machine (I'm guessing you disabled LWEMon in msconfig? I know I do ...). In this case we won't need to start it.

2) If you don't care about the steering wheel lock, crack open your controller.ini and set "Start Hardware Event Monitor" to 0. Then we won't start it up, but note that we won't be able to read or write the steering wheel lock.

9. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

this has happened to me twice since build 240, game minimizes to desktop, no popups shown, and i have no programs open....
    I can go back to game and continue playing, but it sometimes minimizes again.