Nissan GTR & 370z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt2507, Mar 1, 2012.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Deleted because it was offtopic :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

sometimes wheel settings and car setups may change the experience for some.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  3. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Drove the GTR @ Monte Carlo earlier, sounds great in the streets!

4. tjc

tjc Registered

I was always "getting it" thanks it`s just that my experience differed from yours...

Geez...

:rolleyes:

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah, more limited LOL.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

7. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

They did not write that, what was written is for the Nissan GTR GT1 - "Updated tyre TGM to be more in-line with the C6R"

The 370z has the new engine model, new tyre wear model, tweaked suspension

I would hope that the update changes the behaviour of the car to bring it closer to reality. If that makes it less manoeuvrable and increases lap times then so be it.

If you drive the 370z in real life and feel it behaves differently in the sim then it is fair to criticise. But if you are comparing different versions of the sim car it is not fair to say that ISI "ruined" it.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for your posts, Matt. I sometimes think it helps a lot to have someone like you, respected in this field, explain these things. The AI in rF2 essentially use rF1 physics, which is still very intensive.

9. 88mphTim

Like driving on ice? ;)

The reality is, rF2 is currently a very realistic simulation of racing, it is what most users were asking for. It isn't easy to race a racing car, and most good sim racers could not do it. 1 lap, fast? Perhaps, but an entire race distance? Probably not. rF2 is a simulation, and it is going to be challenging to all of you. It is possible to do race distances, it is possible to drive fast and not destroy the tires. You unfortunately need to drive properly. :) You don't even have enough 'punishment' yet to be totally realistic...

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

How are reactions to real road and weather handled?

11. 88mphTim

You realize I'm not talking about rF1 itself, right? :)

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

:)

Yes, of course. What I meant is that, not knowing where real road and weather end and physics starts I was just curious. For example, in theory, surface characteristics could be inputs into the physics model or they could be together as one whole. If separate, then then dynamic road characteristic information could be fed into car physics module for calculating impact or it could all be a single code or more modules, etc.

Thus, if AI physics is similar to rf1 physics then does that mean that dynamic road surface is calculated outside of that model? And if not then does that mean that AI also has dumbed down dynamic surface calculations also? Presumably, the more elements you dumb down, the larger possible variation you have between gamer and AI.

13. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I'll eat crow here then.

Maybe this will be helpful to fellow tire abusers, what I noticed (my experience) after some testing is my slicks are shot after 30 minutes, maybe sooner, if I push them to the point where they make noise while cornering. Not outright sliding but getting just past the limit to where they begin to protest vocally. From Guy's posts, seems I'm in good company.

I changed how I enter a corner to slow in and fast out and also changed my setup for less oversteer and more front camber. I noticed an immediate difference in tire temp and wear as long as I kept the tires as silent as possible. I could pull a 2:00.5 in the GT-R at Sebring12H with this change so didn't affect my lap times much. My preferred style was fast in and manage the line with oversteer and throttle as needed. Far from drifting but I could hear the tires.

Helpful to get confirmation from Tim and ISI that this is not an oversight with tire modeling, I suspect the community will appreciate that, I certainly do.

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    I'm Sebring 12h test tires during qualifying and
    My settings change for the race and the tires take around 1h.
    INCREASED well on time but endurance is not fast race.
    And I thought, Tim confirmed here.

Come make the Sebring endurance test and compare our

Server: ! France Team SRPC
    Cars: LMP1 and 2, Corvette, Nissan GTR and 370z, Maserati and Lola

After test :)
    View attachment 7715
    Sebring 12h else have that plant to supply?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The GTR is very good now! I made some lap and I must say that now I LOVE IT!

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

This is where setups, driving line and car control etc all come together. Keeping those tyres quiet takes skill but you are rewarded with consistent lap times not too far off a 'hot lap'. I have the tyre volume turned right up and try not to hear them at all except for a bit of 'chirping ' on hard brakes.

Haven't done any long races so can't comment on overall longevity.

17. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

Interesting that you found this worked for you. I almost suggested the other day that you might be having trouble on long runs because the balance is changing and going toward oversteer, although maybe that's not exactly what you're saying. But I consistently find that on the faster cars from ISI their default setups have too much oversteer. It isn't that they're too hard to keep on track for a handful of laps but since they have a tendency to over-rotate during the entry phase, the rear tires overheat and wear too much after a bit and it's a problem. The default setups really support and almost encourage your "preferred style (of) fast in and manage the line with oversteer and throttle as needed."

But that isn't how cars like this are driven fast. F1 cars, perhaps, but less so with today's fragile tires than in the past, I imagine.

Anyway, it's awesome that you found improvements. You may actually find that reducing the oversteer makes you faster over a single lap as well. That's the case for me.

18. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

As against the slightest mistake, destroyed the tires very quickly.

19. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

One hard brake lock is sufficient to destroy the tires, as far i can feel in rf2... thing i like.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

+1