Nissan GTR & 370z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt2507, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

I've only tried the GTR at the moment (I think the 370 is an ugly little bugger to be honest :p) and it is a beast to drive. I noticed that it could have been of a higher quality, but it's perfectly fine for me :) I love it a lot.
    The one thing I noticed was that it was a beast to drive, the slightest bit of throttle makes it spin, it's a real challenge to drive. Which is completely fun.

Good work so far on the mod, I'll try the 370z out later for testing purposes but so far theres nothing I can report that you don't already knopw.

2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Is there some element in the coding which allows the cars to have more 'bite' on certain tracks?
    I ask, because my first run after build 69 update on Watkins Glen track (with the 370 on default settings), saw the car handle great with outputs matching inputs and as it should.
    I then loaded Portugal and it was like driving on a frozen lake everytime I went through a corner.
    I constantly had to fight the car from swapping ends.
    The car is also overly responsive to steering inputs once it's on the grass during off track excursions.
    It'll spin almost twice as far (rotation-wise) when trying to correct and go in the normal track direction...even with minor throttle inputs.
    The final car (both models of Nissan) will also need a mass update, as is evident by the chassis oscillation on rough surfaces.
    It'll be fun once it's finished. Thanks for allowing us to use it at this stage.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The model quality, you mean? Don't understand what your last sentence means?

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well, not knowing anything about the glen track mod, I know the real track all the turns are cambered, while none are at Portugal.

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I realize the Glen is cambered in all turns, but at the default settings both Nissans are just a bit too tail-happy...even after a few laps to lay down rubber and get tire temps to normal operating levels.
    Every corner demands that you countersteer to catch oversteer.
    It's still fun to drive but I'd like it to be more accurate at default settings.
    Try it yourself to see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  7. O11

O11 Registered

How about autoblip? I don't think the real GTR has it. I've turned it of in the .plr file, but it's still there.

In the same vein; accurate gearbox simulation. Are the really planned? Or are they not really regarded as essential by the devs?

8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

The Nissan GTR is all wheel drive!

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

AWD is not allowed in GT1 class. It's RWD.

10. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I don't want to offend anyone, but in my opinion the GT-Mod is far away from the Meganes or the classic Openwheelers. Not just are the graphics pretty poor in comparison, but also the feel of the cars (especially the GTR) just doesn't get anywhere near.

Is there a possibility to change the camsettings/fov to a more "megane-like" setting? I have to use 1280x1024, and with this setting i hardly have a "realistic" field of view. I mean, the meganes and openwheelers are spot-on! How can the GT-Mod be so much different?

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Yeah pathetic how alot of the guys drive the GTR. They just plow over the 370Z guys. I think they should be separate mods. :mad:

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

ISI has said the mod has many issues. Ever notice driving down pit road at pit limiter speed? The sound loop is very short and a bit annoying.

The view with the same FOV setting should be different than the megane since it's a different car shape with a different size and shape windshield. That is why a car specific FOV and seat setting is important. Just like the car specific FFB.

13. Kenneth Sehested Pedersen

Kenneth Sehested Pedersen Registered

I just love theese cars, im only driving the 370z mainly because the sound is much better than the GT-R.....theese cars made me drive Rf 2 again, and giving me high hopes further on. i have only 1 complain, its the gear indicator in the 370 most of the times its bugged, but when it works yam yam love it.

14. whiplash

whiplash Registered

You're right, i totally understand that. But the FOV i so much different that i hardly get used to it. I've driven alot of different cars in real life, and i didn't have to learn driving again after swapping cars...

I am close to a useable seat-setting for the 370z, but by moving the seat backwards to the point i want it i just see the body of the driver..

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I just did a few laps in the endurance mod and it's far from finished. In the 370 I dropped the gear from 4th to 1st without blipping and the car still pointing straight. Still plenty of work to be done with this mod. :D

Back to my Spark F3/monaco addiction. :D

16. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Oh, and something else: in the 370Z the gears aren't shown properly in the dashboard, just some hieroglyphics...

17. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Firstly, the Nissan GT-R is not a Skyline, just a GT-R, and yeah, like many others have said (though people still shout on about it), the GT1 specifications don't allow AWD cars, so even if the road GT-R is an AWD car the racing version won't be.

18. matt2507

matt2507 Registered

I know the difference between the Skyline and GTR...

that's why I asked..

Read before posting...

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There is only one world when you open your eyes and look at something, only one field of view, wouldnt it be weird if your fov would be constantly changing depending on what car you choose, and then on top of that to have that fov different from the rest of the world/track fov??.... I could be wrong im just saying I would have thought the fov would all be one setting, rather than different fovs for different cars and such...

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You know what he means, the GTR is the spiritual successor to the skyline r34, skyline r33, skyline r32. So technically on paper yes its just a GT-R, and not a skyline, but you know what he means. Nissan screwed up the whole naming thing when they decided to call the infinity g35 the skyline. Everyone knows the Nissan GT-R is pretty much the new Skyline R35, and you know that thats what he meant.