Virginia international raceway

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Shaggy, Mar 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered

I would like to see VIR have a track. that is a local track to me and a lot of big race teams come to it and say it is one of the best tracks they have driven on.

2. kastle

kastle Registered

I would like to see this track as well. I had it on rfactor 1. This track is standard on iracing. The track was designed in the 50's whene the only computer around was between the ears. Rolex came to the track for 10 years but this year they dropped out. Anyone local to Danville Va. will get to see the Lemans race this year though. Car and driver named it top 6 in country and with it being only an hour from my house I would also like to see it in this game

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/americas-best-road-courses-virginia-international-raceway-page-4

3. Michael Vance

Michael Vance Registered

VTR is a great Road Race Couse

VIR is as fun to drive as Mid Ohio, another favorite of mine. Only there are more configurations for the tract. It became very popular for Prototype car racing, so it can handle high speed cars along with slower ones very well. It is in a hilly forested area and has several nicely flowing curves that are fun to negotiate.

It is one of my top pics for road racing fans. If you have not tried it, do so in rfactor 1 and you will see what I am talking about.

We need VIR in rFactor 2...

Mike:D

4. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

+1 on this. :D

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1

great track!

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Never raced this track, but looks GREAT from description. Going to fire this up in rf1 ASAP to check it out!

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Downloaded this for rf1 and very cool. Funny that rf2 is making rf1 fresh for me b/c cool tracks I never raced in rf1 being ported, wished for, etc. Other examples are motorsports ranch and Birmingham which are great in rf1.

Anyway, I agree that this would be very nice to have in rf2.

9. traind

traind Registered

Bump!

Could VIR be an ISI target? It might be lower cost to license as it is not a 'premier--high profile' track? (although it is a great road course)

10. Haudi

Haudi Registered

Another bump for VIR. One of the best tracks in the US and probably the world as well.

11. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i wonder if ISI would consider this...i dont think itd be an expensive license & itd be a perfect fit for rf2.

12. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Just a guess, doubtful VIR has escaped ISI's radar. Two new tracks in a row (announced) are private country club tracks. Great choices but that tells us something...