Mod ID Problem

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Enetmo, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

We are making a package of a mod and track, the first time we did we went well, but since then all have been errors and problems with the mod ID. Every time I make a lso packaging with updated components of that mod, I want to put a new version, I get the id correctly, but the dedicated launch gives me the error "Mod ID is invalid. Server cannot be setup for development" .
    Why?

Also, do an update of the first version I uploaded, I get the error that I have not installed the mod, because the components are deleted from my first version. Where I have to be installed so that I detected my first version?

Thanks and an idea for future updates, the operation for components and packages is quite difficult, it should simplify this issue I think.

2. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Please I need your help.

ISI please...

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Let's tackle the updating issue first.

Please try and give more information, every step your taking if you can.
    Things like,,,
    Are you packaging the mod inside a seperate folder away from rf2 folders?
    Are you using the new updated mas2.exe from the last patch?
    In your 'packaging folder' can you check the installed and manifest folders to make sure you have the first version installed?
    Have you watched through the packaging tutorial video?
    etc etc

It's difficult I know, but it can be done. I just need to know as much info as possible.

4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

In terms of the MOD ID is invalid, did you put the ID in the info section when making the package?

5. Bala RFS

Bala RFS Registered

Hi, Enetmo mate, and I must say that we all steps tutorial as well made and setting the ID info, all right, but still get the error ID is invalid mod. We are going crazy and not understand why this happens is the first time we put our beta on our server, it worked perfectly, now we want to continue updating the beta on the server and because of this and we get the error, please anyone know what the problem really?? thank you very much and I hope to help.:confused::(

By the way, we tested has to make a new version of our mod-art and distinct, without upgrading the other beta and let us not create a new mod, do not understand, please ISI, we can help, I really thank you very much ...............

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  6. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

1. I created the MAS of the track and I have the component. After I installed.
    2. I created the MAS and the sound of the car and I have the component. After I installed.
    3. I went to MAS2 and I put the rfm MAS in packages section, I selected the track, the vehicle and sounds, I have given to the INFO tab and have set the mod ID that I had asked before, I have given package and after I installed it and gave me the submit ID.

I went to have put the mod launcher ID and submit ID where it belongs and he said "Mod Submmited". I tried the dedicated to the mod I've done and I get the same error "Mod ID is invalid. Server can not be setup for development".
    I followed the video tutorial.

I'm starting to deseperar, this tool is not working properly and no one here gives information of ISI. Do not know where this is supported by ISI ...

7. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

I have tried several times, asking several Mod ID, but the result is always the same!
    Cursed "Mod is invalid!"

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

ISI are helping, just not directly. There are some community members who have a lot of experience with rf2, who communicate directly with ISI staff and help out anywhere they can.

The tool works properly, I have had it working successfully and I have made updates aswell. It's not easy to use, it could be simpler and this is being looked into.

I'm presuming your packaging area is in a separate folder not related to rf2 install. If not, then it should be.

When you go to make the update but the previous components are deleted.
    OK, what you need to do here is put everything back to how it was just after you packaged and installed the first version.
    To do that,,,
    From the launcher > manage mods, and uninstall the mod.

*Check to see it has all uninstalled properly*
    In rf2 folder, go into 'Installed' and delete anything related to the mod. (you didn't mention your own cars so I'm guessing you used ISI cars with updated sounds? if so, don't delete those cars, but delete anything you added)
    Then go into 'Manifest' folder and delete any mft file related to the mod.
    In packages folder, remove the update rfmod package for this mod (or any updated component packages if they exist) and leave only the original rfmod package in there.
    The back in Launcher > manage mods, install the original mod.

*now you will set up your packaging folders to include your original mod*
    Go into rf2 folder and copy anything related to your mod from 'installed' into 'installed' in your packaging area.
    Then do the same for 'Manifest'
    For the rfm, delete the updated one from your packaging area and place the original one there (if you make an update, the rfm will be modified to the new version, which makes the original version obsolete).

Now what you should have is your original mod installed properly into your packaging area so when the packaging tool goes to make an update it will find the previous version.
    *Make a back up of this now incase you make a mistake (ust zip up the files in their folder is all I do, then if I do make a mistake and need to go back I just right click extract here). Failing that, you can always go back to the rf2 installed folder and retrieve the files.

When you make an update for this, what are you updating? I need to know this so I can understand what files you need to include for the update to work.

9. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

I did what you said step by step and nothing, "Mod invalidity is" Server can not setup for development "on the dedicated, before had tried the first version and" server succesfully. "
    So I think this tool does not work well. The mod is a conversion of RF1, not a mod of ISI.
    Thanks for your help

10. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Hangon, your jumping ahead of me. I want you to explain to me what you are wanting to pack into the update so I can see the files your using and make sure your doing that part right.

11. copa

copa Registered

Hello,

I have almost the same problem as the user Enetmo, in fact we are of the same community and administrators. The case that I have the same pluses and components that my companion. But in creating the mod with the corresponding version Id and Id submit gives me that "only the creator of the mod can change it." Any ideas?

12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

@Copa,
    You can't change someone elses mod's, also not when they are from the same community :) ModID and user ID are linked.

@Enetmo,
    Just out of curiousity. What happens when you start from scratch? So remake the package as a version 1.0, using the components you have created already?
    It somehow feels like you have the wrong combination ModID - Submit ID. Everytime you make a change to f.i. a track in a package or a car, the mod id changes.

What I do is taking all steps one by one.

- Creating the components
    - Installing them all
    - Make sure my dev folder contains all installed components
    - Select all tracks and cars I want in the package (make sure to Untick the box before the name of the component if you want a vmod)
    - Create the package
    - Install the package
    - Copy the submit ID, and go to the launcher
    - Request an ID. Make sure to use the exact same name as your mod is called in the package section of MAS2
    - Copy the MODID in the Info section of the package section
    - re-create the package button
    - Copy the Submit ID
    - Go to the launcher again, and activate the mod with the correct version number and submit ID.

So far, as long as I do it exactly like this, I have had no issues. Sometimes it's better to start from scratch then to try to fix something. Perhaps you already tried this, but I suspect you have forgotten a step somewhere.

13. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

The original MOD contains a conversion of the Bahrain track and a conversion of an F1 mod.
    The update contains an improved track, in terms of GMT's done with 3dmax, plus improvements on the mod for F1, in relation to the brightness of LEDs on the cockpit, some routes the sound files and some compounds of tires.
    I do the mod package with these new components is updated and when I say "Mod is invalid, etc ..."
    Also I've tried to do as a new mod, but I get the same error.
    Also when I put it in the packages folder, until I delete the components of this update do not see the mod to install it.

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I assume you DO have the original mod installed in the moddev folder as well?

And when making the package, do you have checked the correct version number, and ticked the update button?

15. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Marco, I think with your explanations of the last message, I could solve the problem, I have launched the dedicated with the new mod, I've created from scratch and dedicated tells me "Server added succesfully."
    As I have worked well, you have to give me your address that makes you get a courtesy beer.:D
    Another question but if I uninstall the components and the package will not let me install the package on my single player, is that correct?

16. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Because making the mod, then is not on the modmangaer and I can not install on single player?

17. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

Hahahah I am just glad I could help ;)

In terms of the components and mod.

When you create a mod which contains certain packages, those are needed to install the mod.
    Lets say you made a mod which contains 1 custom track, and 1 of your own created cars. This is how it works.

When you create the final package (.rfmod), you need to have both components you will use installed. What I do, is create the components one by one. I install the .rfcmp files in my rfactor game via the regular way (mod manager). Then I copy the content into my development folder. This way, you can use the components in several mods ;)
    When I create the package as separate files, so rfcmp files with the track and 1 with the cars, I Untick the box before their name when making the package. This makes sure the frcmp files are not included in the rfmod file.
    The end package (.rfmod) is very little in size this way.

So, in this example, we made 2 rfcmp files (1 track, and 1 car), and a rfmod file which is the series. If you put them all in your package directory of your install, the .rfmod is displayed as a problem mod. You cant install it at this point.
    UNtick the Show Mods Only box, to see the rfcmp files. The 2 you have just added, are listed now, but are not installed. Install them both.
    Tick the box Show Mods Only again, and the mod which was just displayed as a problem mod, will now be available for install.

The mod manager is designed in way that you can not remove rfcmp files when in use by a mod, so to uninstall them, you have to do the same steps, but the other way around. Remove the mod first, then remove the rfcmp files.

18. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl Registered

I am not sure about the single player mode, but I believe that it scans the installed files, and adds them to the All cars and tracks option you have offline. So I believe they are available.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Guys, you're being given good advice and ignoring it. I've tagged M as a tester, which he is, he can probably help you more than you think...

20. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Sorry Tim, but the first time I could not see that mainaik was a beta-tester, after that the said it and I saw it.
    Tim understands that there are certain times when the rage and impotence, is within a person, seeing that is very close to a target and cannot advance by small errors that do not know the function to be all new to us.
    Was or was not Tester always hear / read the advice I give to see if can solve my problem.
    Sorry if I bothered to have someone, but he understands us.