Virtual race engeneer is working now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GauchoRS, Feb 25, 2012.

1. iCErAINCTV

iCErAINCTV Registered

Hi Gaucho,

have you tested http://www.cross-plus-a.com/de/balabolka.htm already as text-to-speach ? it's ree and should be not bad.
    never tested but will if i find the time this week..great idea with this engineer!

EDIT: also found this text:
    Ziemlich versteckt bietet Microsoft auch zwei deutsche Sprecher ("Stefan" und "Anna") zusammen mit dem Microsoft Reader" zum kostenlosen Download an (hier der Link für Microsoft Reader und zum Microsoft TextSpeechPackage ), Download-Umfang etwa 6 MB. Diese Sprecher liefern nach ein wenig Gewöhnung gut verständliches Vorlesen auch bei schwierigen Texten.
    http://www.microsoft.com/reader/de/downloads/pc.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/reader/de/downloads/tts.asp

but i think you know them?
    maybe i could help

2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

yes, I know and tested balabolka and MS speeches under WinXP. they worked there, but never in Win7 64bit.

the new voices with 22khz are wonderful, but for a "race engeneer" they are too neutral. Specialy motivation speaking (keep pushing, you can get him .... etc.) should have more emotion.
    Therefore I think, a spoken human voice (slightly modified with soundtools, radio jitter etc.) would have the best immersion for gaming purpose.
    So I came to the conclusion that a "race engeneer plugin" should make use of mp3 voice files.

But until then, it´s a pleasure to play with GlovePIE and TTS engine

3. modmate

modmate Registered

I got a little problem with the voices. I have installed Inovox and also Ryan Voice. Its working fine while i type something i.e. but Glovepie just let me hear that MS anna. With MS anna its working fine ingame, but with Infovox Keyspeaker enabled i get freeze ingame here and there, maybe thats up to the not communicating glovepie?
    Any setting i forgot inside glovepie to use ryan instead of anna???

Greets

4. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

nope, you must select the language your computer use in windows system control - speech recognition.
    may be that several third party voices installed (as a demo?) will disturb the speech system ....
    I am using infovox voices without any problems

5. modmate

modmate Registered

Hi,

I setup my windows in English also i setup the speechengine and trained it. Glovepie recognize all fine but the output is just MS anna. Infovox itself runs fine but seperately, so if i write down something or mark some infovox Ryan talks to me fine.
    It seems to have something todo with glovepie or its communication, i mean win works fine with Ryan but not glovepie output. Strange.

If i start the game with Keypeaker enabled he try to say something at the start but RF freezes and stutters like hell .

Greets

6. Yarach

Yarach Registered

A nice feature would be to link the responses to .wav or .mp3 files, so you can have a more realistic voice.

7. modmate

modmate Registered

Here we go,

My problem was caused by my x64 machine!!
    It has actually nothing todo with the computer language. The ONLY workaround to get other Voices to work properly on a x64 Win7 is the following:

- Enter the speechengine SAPI config in x64 wich lists ALL available voices ( ALSO infovox voices wich usually are ALL x32, just on Snow leopard are some x64 )
    To get there just execute the following :

Windows\sysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\SAPI.cpl

A Window will pop up where you can choose a language of all available installed.

View attachment 2252

After i setup my voice everything runs absolutely fine!!
    Remember that it wont show up in your x64 speechengine config panel but is used!!!

Greets

8. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

ok, but that was what I told you:

"you must select the language your computer use in windows system control - speech recognition. " in post #44

fine, that you got it sorted

9. modmate

modmate Registered

I actually said in my post it has NOTHING todo with it wich is the case for sure.

Read my post again, its NOT possible to change the MS ANNA within a WIN7 x64 thats because Anna is the ONLY x64 voice. So if i dont use the way i posted above im not able to get any other voice to work. Regardless wich third party soft it is, they are nearly all x32 and wont work. That problem has nothing todo with your system lang, there is only ONE damn Voice in win7 x64 wich is anna wich speaks JUST english. With my above way you can set any voice you like, like on my attached pic, in the same time the usual speechengine config shows just anna anyway.

Greets

10. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

what about SAPI5 on windows?
    Windows have Speach agent. and control Progran, may be.
    it is good more than PIE. and I made up Pacenote Voice by Microsoft "Anna".
    but there are not many information of SAPI5 for developers.

11. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

ISI still offers no spotter or race engineer, so I gave my old GlovePie script a new chance.
    I found the command to reproduce soundfiles and here is the first quick and dirty installation, in a video.

Now the dialog is more realistic. No need to buy a TTS voice, but you have to create the voice samples .... (who will)

btw, is there nobody out there to make a plugin, reading the telemetrie data for a virtual race engineer?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
  12. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

13. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Thanks Gaucho but this video is private, I could not see :(

14. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Good on you Gaucho. I was thinking about your work last week and I just downloaded GlovePie yesterday to start to play with this. If I do something fantastic I will let you know;)

15. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

This is so bad-ass great work on this!

16. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

i'll give it a try as soon as i can!