Rfactor 2 Weather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nuno Lourenço, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I guys, i'm setting up a server in my League with F3 and SPA for sunday night and playing with weather system but i would like something more....

Weather can't be defined to 100% ramdom in a weekend? We need to define always the weather?

Cheers

N. Lourenço

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

At this point, yes.

3. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

In the future we can expect that option Tim?

With that system i was dreaming about something... Imagine implement in Dedicated some way to put world location and date of race weekend, with that options server could know ever better the chance of rain or to have a clean sky.

Now we can as well configure weather by real weather but it loses all the unpredictability :)

Btw, i love this weather in rf2, simply amazing :eek:

4. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Related question to Tim: Will it at some point be possible to affect the weather via a plug-in? That would literally open up a world of possibilities... :)

5. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I've been creating a weather pattern for practice, qualifying, and race, offline then uploading the '.wet' file for the track to my dedicated server.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Can you set separate offline weather conditions for practice, qualy, warmup and race?
    When I set for example "Sunny" weather profile for practice and want to set "overcast" for race, then practice automatically is also switched to "overcast".

7. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

That's why I have been using scripted weather.

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Oh, ok. Thanks.

9. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

One thing I have found though is that if you create a weather script for those three sessions, then have a 'Warm Up' session on the server, it throws out the weather timeline.

For instance, it may not follow what you created in that particular pattern because an extra session has been added between 'Qualifying' and 'Race'. It will still work, but won't likely become sunny, overcast, colder, or hotter, at the point in the server session you planned it. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as it randomises the weather pattern a little more.

10. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I would expect improvements in the future, but not necessarily the NEAR future! There are quite a few different aspects to work on.

11. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

If you mean historic weather, yes. Ideally though, the weather could be linked to live weather observations at a configurable location, which would be as unpredictable as, well, the real life weather. :)

Repeated question to Tim or someone else from ISI: Do you have any sort of plan for weather being controlled through a plug-in? (Which in its turn could pick up the current weather from a configurable location through any weather service with a public API)

12. 88mphTim

No plans to do this at this time.

13. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Some time in the future perhaps? ;)

14. 88mphTim

As above, no plans to. :)

15. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Guys i'm having some problem in our league configuring weather. Whatever way that configure it we can't have it like we expect.

Yesterday for exemple we did a race in Estoril with the next configs.

View attachment 3082

In practice all appened like planed but in qualify, warmup and race we had clear sky :confused:

I initiate server 70m before qualify and never changed sessions. Server has did everything by himself...

I don't get it. Anyone knows why this appens?

16. Tobi Coats

Tobi Coats Registered

Another question. Is it possible to have the track automatically wet but no rain so like it rained before a session I'm modeling for dirt speedway and the traclothes starts out wet and then dry s out over the night so it would be cool to be able to set it up as so also will we ever see a multi race weekend